Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «"Thin" skin for latest Win 10? » on forum: General   Views: 4179

Stephen Kunkel

Posted: 06/02/2019 23:16:53

Hi there,  I'm coming back to Actual Window Manager after not using it for a while (upgraded from v6 to v8.) Not long ago, Microsoft pushed an update that made all my Office toolbar buttons into a very thin minimalist design.  (I think that the top minimize/float/close buttons got changed at the same time?)  

I don't particularly like the new no-color, wire-thin look.  But since it's there, I might as well to to get AWM to match it as closely as possible.  You can see in the below image that the 'default' skin is pretty close, but it is a tiny bit "bolder" than the Win 10 theme.  

Has anyone created a new skin they'd share?

User added an image

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/16/2019 00:52:52

Stephen,

I might as well to to get AWM to match it as closely as possible.  You can see in the below image that the 'default' skin is pretty close, but it is a tiny bit "bolder" than the Win 10 theme.
We'll consider your request and will post in this topic if the title buttons design is changed.

Best regards.

Chuck

Posted: 06/28/2019 23:42:24

Please make this more sizeable and colorable, and compatible.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/29/2019 21:24:19

Hello, Chuck

We'll take your vote for this feature into account.

Best regards.

Stephen Kunkel

Posted: 01/22/2022 23:02:49

Hi Again.  Again, I'm coming back to AWM after being away for a while.  Wouldn't mind a "Win 10 Theme" for the buttons if there is one...   Any progress on this?

Stephen Kunkel

Posted: 01/22/2022 23:16:28

And a related follow-up question:  
Can custom skins, as described here https://www.actualtools.com/windowmanager/help/howto/skin.php be made with PNG files?  Your built-in skins seem to have transparent backgrounds.  That seems important to me.  But I don't think BMP files can have transparent backgrounds(?)  Is that what the skin tutorial means by "Normal Color?"  I.e. the normal default background color of a title bar?

EDIT:  Actually I found on the SuperUser forums: "BMP's do support transparency. Bitmap must be set to indexed 256 color, and pixel at (0,0) is for the color that you want transparent."  That must be what you guys do(?)  8)

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/11/2022 01:13:40

Hello, Stephen

Sorry for the delay in replying to you.

Wouldn't mind a "Win 10 Theme" for the buttons if there is one...   Any progress on this?
Unfortunately, we were unable to devote time in our schedule yet to create thin design title buttons skin you've requested.

Can custom skins, as described here https://www.actualtools.com/windowmanager/help/howto/skin.php be made with PNG files?
No, custom skins can't be made with PNG files.

Actually I found on the SuperUser forums: "BMP's do support transparency. Bitmap must be set to indexed 256 color, and pixel at (0,0) is for the color that you want transparent."  That must be what you guys do(?)
We use Color key to make transparent areas in the extra title buttons. Magenta color is used for transparent areas in a title button picture. You can see it in the template bmps that you've requested in the other topic.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register