Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Thank You Thank You Thank You , Switching between speakers or headphones » on forum: General   Views: 4192

Barry

Posted: 02/25/2019 15:17:09

:D After all this time using Actual Multiple Monitors tonight I realized there is a keyboard shortcut to quickly open and switch the default audio device making switching back and forth between speakers or headphones simple.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/26/2019 03:00:37

Hello, Barry

Thank you for your high appreciation of our work. We're glad that you've found the feature useful.

Are you familiar with the Per-application Audio Device Switcher feature? Maybe you'll find it useful as well.

Best regards.

Barry

Posted: 03/05/2019 06:03:55

Hi Bogdan

I want to be able to switch to headphones automatically when I click the shortcut to the .exe of a program.

I do not see that option.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/05/2019 08:29:54

Barry,

Do you want the audio from the game to be played through the headphones, or you want to change the default device to the headphones so that all audio in the system is played through them?

Best regards.

Barry

Posted: 03/05/2019 14:59:13

Only use headphones for games, speakers for everything else.

Want headphones enabled, speakers off when a game is started.

Has to be based on the .exe not on the game window.

Using the keyboard shortcut has made switching much better.

Sometimes forget to switch manually before starting a game and then have to close game again to switch.

Game will not switch after being loaded.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/07/2019 05:02:30

Barry,

Only use headphones for games, speakers for everything else.
If you don't have audio from any other applications in the system when playing a game, then it's not necessary to change the default audio device. You can use the Per-application Audio Device Switcher feature to switch the audio device for the game specially. One of the ways to do this is to create specific settings for the game and use the "Switch audio playback to device" action at startup (AMM configuration module > Window Settings > Specific Settings > settings for the game > Startup > Switch audio playback to device).

In this article of Online User Manual you can learn about how to create specific settings for a particular window.

Or do you still need the ability to change the Default Audio device upon start of the game?

Has to be based on the .exe not on the game window.
Could you clarify what you mean and why you need this?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register