Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «The advantage of AWM? , compared against 'Object Desktop' for example » on forum: General   Views: 7825

Hagbard Celine

Posted: 03/05/2008 22:22:00

Hi guys

First and foremost let me tell you that you've done a really great work with this app!
It is really very useful for the daily work, esp. the roll-up feature. On the other hand I think the price is quite high! Let me explain - when I use the 'Object Desktop' from Stardock, I have nearly all the features I'll get in AWM, like window roll-up, stay on top, send to tray, transparent window to name a few plus a lot of possibilities more, like changing skins to get rid of that ugly XP-look, the ability to create my own, custom skins (additionally to the possibility to choose from and load down hundreds of awesome free skins from the web), virtual desktops like in Linux, a really good icon-manager with lots of possibilities, possibility to create my own icons myself, creating and managing whole themes myself and a lot of bells and whistles more - all that for a price of 49.95$!

So - what reason can you tell me, that speaks for the AWM in an objective way?

regards

Hagbard

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/05/2008 23:56:27

What the price concerns - it's the company's pricing policy.

Object Desktop is not a directly competing product, i.e. we present different sides of the same matter. They focus more on the aesthetic side, we - on the functional side. We are trying to enhance Windows functionality presenting new features, both manual and automatic, e.g. you can change program affinity or priority, run keyboard macro etc. (overall about 50 features). In such a way when buying Actual Window Manager you pay for how-it-should-work, when Object Desktop for how-it-should-look.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register