Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Desktop Specific Shortcuts? , Need help figuring out a feature » on forum: General   Views: 4063

Jake Grandstaff

Posted: 10/31/2017 02:56:24

Hello,

I am trying to decide weather to pick this product up and am currently running through the evaluation. I seem to be having trouble, what I want to do is have specific shortcuts to programs on specific desktops. Ex: Browsing desktop has Firefox, IE, Chrome shortcuts on it and the Gaming Desktop Has Steam and Origin Shortcuts on it, and the Work desktop has Word and Excel on it but every time I create a shortcut for one program on one desktop, it appears in all three.

How can I make it so only specific shortcuts show up on specific virtual desktops? Is this even possible with this program (I know it is with others but they are less robust when it comes to multiple monitors). Am I just missing something?

Thank you for your time.

Kiwi

Posted: 10/31/2017 13:56:24

Greetings Jake

First, let me start by saying I have never used this feature and may not be able to answer your question with finesse.

Lets take this step by step, because I am learning as I go here
  • Navigate to Windows Settings > Specific Settings
  • Select or add the program you are wanting to edit
  • Using the text box, you can search for "Virtual" and it will display an option "Move to Virtual Desktop"
  • Or you can navigate to Startup > Move to virtual desktop

The default action is to launch the window in All Desktops, to stop this behaviour, in the middle section select the circular option of Specified Desktop, then select the desktop name.

Try that, if it works fantastic, hopefully you continue to enjoy the product, otherwise post back and maybe someone else can help you.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/02/2017 17:58:43

Hello, gentlemen

Kiwi, I think Jake is talking about the ability to have different sets of desktop shortcuts for different virtual desktops rather than about the ability to move programs to specific virtual desktops on their startup.

Jake,

How can I make it so only specific shortcuts show up on specific virtual desktops? Is this even possible with this program (I know it is with others but they are less robust when it comes to multiple monitors). Am I just missing something?
Unfortunately, for now there is no ability to have different sets of desktop shortcuts for different virtual desktops. We'll consider this as a feature request and will post in this topic when/if this feature is implemented.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register