Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Can Actual Multiple Monitors, resolve this problems? » on forum: General   Views: 2736

Amedeus Cho

Posted: 05/10/2016 14:32:55

Display 1 is a 65 inch Samsung tv at resolution 3840 x 2160

Display 2 is a 23 inch ASUS pc monitor at 1920 x 1080

I have some older games and programs I still enjoy but I can not run them with Display 1 as my primary as all my games and programs will use the High res setting for its default menus and such which makes them all compacted and unusable.

I want to have certain games and programs work on Display 2, and to use Display 2's resolution and settings as the base resolution.

An example, Dungeons and Dragons Online, older MMO title. It benefits greatly from the 980 ti graphics card I use to run 4k games on Display 1, but none of the menus in the launch menu (pre game) are readable or useable. So this program needs to only recognize Display 2 as its display and run in 1080p on Display 2 without screwing up Display 1's high resolution.

I essentially want to use both monitors as if they were entirely separate computers but run off the same hardware and software, windows 10.

Can Actual Monitors do this?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/12/2016 10:19:20

Hello, Amedeus

What exactly programs besides games do you need to open on the monitor 2? Actual Multiple Monitors has the feature that let you set where the particular windows will be placed after opening. This feature is called "Move to monitor" and you can enable it here: Configuration module > Window Setings > Particular Specific Settings/Default Settings > Startup section > Move to monitor.

This feature works for the most applications, but it can't make fullscreen games open on other monitors than primary. You can make particular game open on other monitor if the game itself has this option. So, it seems that the best solution for you in this situation is to make your Display 2 primary monitor.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register