Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Window borders. Floating icons placing , issues in 4.4 » on forum: General   Views: 17719

Diam0nd Diam0nd

Posted: 04/24/2007 16:23:45

I switch to v4.4 from 4.x beta. Couple of issues..

1. I click on a pdf and my pdf proggy opens, here's what I see:
User added an image

I double click on the window heading (the blue panel), window, then double click again and window goes full screen again and NOW, I finally see my windows as it SHOULD BE:
User added an image

Do you see what I mean? Look at the borders. So now EVERY window I open has borders, its moved to the left for some reason. And to put it in normal state I have to dclick and then dclick again. Those borders are terrible. Anyhow, to put it mildly, this behaviour is VERY disturbing and unplesant.

2. Floating icons.
a. I do "To floating" for 5 different windows. I see only 2 out of five. Where are the other 3? They were on desktop. So 2 had STAY ON TOP behaviour, 3 did not. Why?
b. I double click on a floating icon. It opens in the background. Why is that? And that happens with all my floating icons.
c. I do "To floating" for 5 different windows. Here is the way they got placed:
User added an image

Is there ANY logic at all behind placing of those floats? I mean, this random placing is really strange ;/

It would be nice to have a certain "logics" for placing. Like this one for example:
User added an image

It works smth like this, user defines a place for FIRST floating icon on his screen (=first will always be crated on this same spot). THEN user chooses how he wants ALL OTHER floats to be created. I for example want the placement above for first float (word icon), THEN I want all other floats I create to be place IN LINE from right to left with a small space between them. Other might want to have them cascaded, etc etc.

3. Office 2007. Here's the way AWM looks, I dunno if anything can be done, but still:
User added an image

Anyhow, I might be wrong on some of my remarks, or maybe its just my PC. Still, critics can always be helpful, thats how I see it. Keep up the good work guys! :D

Regards,
Diam0nd.

P.S. Is it me or IMG tag does not work?

AWM v6.5 B2, REGISTERED

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/28/2007 05:32:16

Hello Diam0nd Diam0nd,

Unfortunately we were not able to detect the tags. Maybe it happened because they are php. Could you please place the pictures to our site through "Load image"? Thank you in advance.

Best regards.

Diam0nd Diam0nd

Posted: 04/28/2007 10:32:29

Michael Rezvanov wrote:

Hello Diam0nd Diam0nd,

Unfortunately we were not able to detect the tags. Maybe it happened because they are php. Could you please place the pictures to our site through "Load image"? Thank you in advance.

Best regards.

I'm not quite sure what do you mean under "detect the tag". The only thing one needs to do is simply remove the IMG tags at the beginning and the end: User added an image. That's it really :)

AWM v6.5 B2, REGISTERED

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 05/03/2007 07:14:26

Unfortunately we are not able to see the pictures. Could you please place them to our site (=publish) through "Load image"? Thank you in advance.

Alexander Belyakov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 06/07/2007 01:18:30

Michael, I think that Diam0nd Diam0nd means the images on the following pages:
http://img260.imageshack.us/my.php?image=afteropeningbb8.jpg
http://img260.imageshack.us/my.php?image=normalstaterf0.jpg
http://img370.imageshack.us/my.php?image=office2007jf5.jpg

The problem was those addresses in IMG tags refered to pages, not images.

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 06/07/2007 06:21:58

Thank you Alexander and sorry Diam0nd Diam0nd for keeping silent: could you please send us your Actual Window Manager's configuration (File->Send Configuration->Send to the Tech Support)? One more question: what OS are you currently using?

Diam0nd Diam0nd

Posted: 06/07/2007 06:42:07

Michael Rezvanov wrote:

Thank you Alexander and sorry Diam0nd Diam0nd for keeping silent: could you please send us your Actual Window Manager's configuration (File->Send Configuration->Send to the Tech Support)? One more question: what OS are you currently using?

Ooops, sorry for such a late response from my side too, I've been pretty occupied with my dissertation work and now exams ;/ Well, I can't really send anything, since I've deleted the final version as soon as I installed it. Basically those borders around every window were WAY too disturbing. The best before the final did not have that problem. In terms of configuration, I can tell you this though: I did not do anything. Meaning I did the following: I uninstalled the beta, deleted the directory where it was completely, checked it it left any traces in Users/MYUSERNAME/AppDara/Roaming (im using Vista), and checked registry for any traces as well, so basically I've made a nice small cleanup after the beta. Then I simply installed final and started using it = I did NOT change any settings in AWM.

Well, thats pretty much it :)

AWM v6.5 B2, REGISTERED

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 06/22/2007 05:04:53

Hello Diam0nd Diam0nd,

Please see the fix in Actual Window Manager v. 4.5.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register