Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 11
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Outlook 2007 Message Window » on forum: General   Views: 26402

Paul Genovese

Posted: 04/18/2007 13:55:15

I'm having another problem that wasn't an issue with Actual Tools 3.x, Windows XP, and Office 2003.

I don't seem to be able to manage Outlook 2007 message windows with Actual Tools.  The Outlook 2007 application window works OK, but the individual message windows will not honor any settings configured for that window class.

The title buttons won't show up, except for the configure button, and it won't honor the double click the title bar to roll up function.

PRGeno

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/19/2007 07:30:05

Paul,
I guess the problem is that these individual message windows have special window classes. You should create specific rules for them.

Paul Genovese

Posted: 04/19/2007 09:42:34

Michael Rezvanov wrote:
Paul,
I guess the problem is that these individual message windows have special window classes. You should create specific rules for them.

Actually I did create a special rule for them.  I believe I did so correctly, by creating a new rule, and using the target dropped on a message window to grab the message class.  But it still doesn't recognize the rules applied to those windows.  

I'll play with it some more, but have you actually been able to get Outlook 2007 message windows to properly recognize AT rules?

PRGeno

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/20/2007 06:24:37

Paul,

We will work at it and will give you a definite answer.

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/24/2007 05:48:57

Hello Paul,

I can suggest you the following option: please move the rule for individual message windows in the current list of specific windows one position upper than the rule created for Microsoft Outlook itself. If it will not benefit you, please send us your configuration(File/Send Configuration/Send to Tech Support)

Paul Genovese

Posted: 04/26/2007 12:05:03

Michael Rezvanov wrote:
Hello Paul,

I can suggest you the following option: please move the rule for individual message windows in the current list of specific windows one position upper than the rule created for Microsoft Outlook itself. If it will not benefit you, please send us your configuration(File/Send Configuration/Send to Tech Support)

Michael,

This is what I found, after following your suggestion.

Outlook 2007 message windows now do follow the rule defined , when it's rule comes before the main Outlook rule.  However, there are two oddities that still remain when doing this.  Outlook 2007 windows are obviously doing something you folks didn't expect.

1. The Outlook message window still will not honor the roll up when double clicking the title bar.  I can put a roll up title button rule in place which does work.

2. The main Outlook window now follows all of the rules of the Outlook message window, even though I have a different rule defined for it.  Therefore if I have the roll up title button turned on in the message window rule, but turned off in the main window rule, the main window also shows the title button.  The roll up when double clicking the main window works, but the button is also there, even though the main window rule has that turned off.

PRGeno

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/27/2007 05:55:00

Paul,

Could you please send us your configuration (please see File/Send Configuration/Send to the Tech Support). Thank you in advance.

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 09/17/2007 03:30:09

Hello Paul,

After the thorough research we came to the conclusion that currently we cannot support title bar double-click action for some Office 2007 application windows. The problem is that Office 2007 developers have significantly changed their windows management subsystem but haven't provided the proper documentation on it. But we continue to work in this direction, the fix will be available as soon as possible.

As to the issue concerning Outlook 2007, we recommend you to create two specific settings: one for Outlook's main window (rule1) and one for message windows (rule2). Rule1 should be placed in the upper position than (i.e. before) rule2 in the list of specific settings. In the target window of rule1 you should check Window caption (substring match) - "Microsoft Outlook", and disable window caption for rule2 accordingly.  

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 10/23/2007 03:20:13

Paul,

We have fixed the Roll Up problem, it will be available in forthcoming version 5.0. beta 3.

Does the recommendation concerning the creation of two specific settings for Outlook 2007 help?

Paul Genovese

Posted: 10/23/2007 19:06:19

Michael,

The two specific settings didn't help the situation in my case.  I do look forward to the 5.0 release.

Paul

Messages 1 - 10 of 11
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register