Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «display # changes does not bode well for this software , adding a 4th display on occasion causes problems » on forum: General   Views: 3959

a p
Advanced user

Posted: 07/20/2013 00:57:01

I have a laptop connected to 2 monitors (in this case 3 total, 1 being the laptop screen) and everything is configured for this.  When I connnect a 4th monitor from time to time the numbers are changed and therefore cause most of my settings to be pointing to the wrong monitor.  I can set some windows to open by default to the default display which doesn't care about the display number.  However 2 of the monitors change numbers when I connect or disconnect the 4th monitor.  Is there a way to lock the numbers used to identify the monitors so that the 4th monitor which is connected on occasion alwasys appears as display "4"?  If not I do not see anything within your software which allows me to take this into account.  You can only select "primary", or monitor 1,2,3, or 4.  So in summary, if I have windows set to open up on display 3 as example, depending on if i have the 4th monitor connected will result in the window opening on any of 3 different displays depending on if i have the 4th monitor connected.

a p
Advanced user

Posted: 07/20/2013 02:49:24

image when 4th monitor connected

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/22/2013 17:19:27

Hello a p

Unfortunately, there is no way to get it with our software.

We'll consider it as a feature request.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register