Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Up against a serious incompatability » on forum: General   Views: 10405

Robert Shiffman

Posted: 11/17/2006 20:10:05

I have used Actual Windows Manager for quite a while without trouble. But the latest version may have an incompatability which will force me to discontinue using it.

I use Autocad quite a lot as I am a civil engineer. Of itself, that is not a problem with AWM. But there is an almost indispensable add-on to Acad, called Periscope. This utility pops up a tool-tip window as the mouse hovers over an object (line, arc, block, etc.) which presents facts about the object. Such as Type, Layer, coordinates, elevation, whatever.

Now, when AWM is active, it forces the main Acad window to be foremost. Consequently, the tool tip window opens behind the Acad window and is invisible unless the object is quite close to the edge of the Acad window and the tool tip projects beyond it.

I have removed any mention of Autocad from the list but this problem persists until I clear AWM from memory.

I hope there is some work-around that will allow these programs to live together in harmony.

tcebob

tcebob

Robert Shiffman

Posted: 11/20/2006 09:42:26

Further development:
I set Autocad's priority to Low and the tool tips now can be seen. I would prefer to set the tool tips to high but, as noted previously, they cannot be accessed by AWM.

tcebob

tcebob

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 11/22/2006 03:39:20

Robert, unfortunately, we don't have Autocad here so please tell me (if you can) - is this Periscope tool-tip a general Windows window or something of special kind?

Robert Shiffman

Posted: 11/22/2006 10:17:40

Alexey, it is written in Visual Basic with added functions to access Autocad objects. I suspect the tool tips are microsoft, out of the box. They do not respond to font changes in Windows Properties. But they do follow the color settings. If it will help I can call the author and ask whether there is some special identifier.

Thanks for your reply,

tcebob
Robert Shiffman

tcebob

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 11/23/2006 06:46:17

Robert, I believe the best solution for this issue is to get from Periscope's author the exact window class of the mentioned tool-tip and to create an exclusion for it.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register