Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «“Show all topics” in member profile does not work correctly , Not all posts are shown » on forum: General   Views: 5037

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 10/07/2011 12:17:27

If I click Show all topics (author) or Show all topics (member) on a members profile page, the results pages do not show all relevant results. I discovered this when I wanted to find a post that I started some time ago, but I was unable to find it this way. Moreover, the results page is flawed in that it says “User's topics 1 - 15 of 22“ (for example) but less than 15 items are actually shown on that page. This happens not only in my own profile when logged in, but also other member’s profiles.

I started a thread in the beta forum on called “[SOLVED] “Minimize all” option for multi-monitor taskbar does not work” on July 28th, but it does not show when I select “Show all topics (author)” in my profile.

I was actually looking for that post, but could not find it the easy way. The function "Show all topics" was useless for me in this case  :(

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 10/10/2011 01:23:51

Hello Pim,

Thanks for the post.

Moreover, the results page is flawed in that it says “User's topics 1 - 15 of 22“ (for example) but less than 15 items are actually shown on that page.
This is the number of user's messages (not the number of user's topics).

I started a thread in the beta forum on called “[SOLVED] “Minimize all” option for multi-monitor taskbar does not work” on July 28th, but it does not show when I select “Show all topics (author)” in my profile.
We'll investigate this problem.

Best regards.

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 10/10/2011 12:33:00

Hello Vasiliy,

This is the number of user's messages (not the number of user's topics).

This does not appear to be so. Up till now I have written 69 messages (of course not yet including this one). The option "Show all messages (member)" also includes topics that I have started (I have verified this). Then, when selecting "Show all messages (member)" the number should say that there are 69 topics if you are right. But as I am writing this it says that there are 38 topics. Therefore I think it cannot be anything else than that the number is correctly giving the number of topics (I have not counted them, but 69 messages in 38 topics does make sense). It all seems to point to that some topics are counted but not displayed, which explains that I could not find the topic about the multi-monitor taskbar mentioned in my previous post.

I think both my observations seem to be consistent with each other. However, it is not as big a deal to me as a program bug as you can probably understand :)

Best regards.

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 10/10/2011 12:35:18

My point is proven: after adding the previous message none of the counters in "Show all messages (author)" or "Show all messages (member)" has increased by 1. Thus, it does give the number of topics and not the number of messages.

I hope this makes it easier for you to find the problem  ;)

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register