Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Window Manager 6.5 beta 2 stop grouping items second monitor » on forum: General   Views: 9411

Rob Private

Posted: 04/19/2011 18:46:17

Hi there,

I've been using Window Manager 6.5 beta 2 with Windows 7 x64 and on my primary monitor I have disabled grouping similar items through windows (Taskbar buttons: Never combine). But on my secondary monitor it is still grouping the taskbar items.

How do I disable that? I can't find any setting to enable or disable similar taskbar item grouping in Window Manager

Regards Rob

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/19/2011 21:42:03

Hello Rob,

Thanks for the post.

Please, do the following:

1. Open primary taskbar properties.
2. Set "always combine" -> Ok.
3. Open primary taskbar properties again.
4. Set "never combine" -> Ok.

Please, inform me about your results.

Best regards.

Rob Private

Posted: 04/20/2011 19:16:00

Hi there,

I just tried it and the same thing happens

The issue is this:

If I open up firefox with 2 windows, if I drag them to the PRIMARY monitor I see 2 tabs on the bottom taskbar
If I open up firefox with 2 windows, if I drag tehm on SECONDARY monitor I get 1 tab with aero peek showing 2 windows

When I did COMBINE I noticed on both monitors the tab contracted to a smaller button and had aero peek
When I did NEVER COMBINE primary monitor behaves correctly secondary one doesn't

So these are the steps I would suggest you to try

1. Open firefox on primary monitor
2. Open another firefox on primary monitor
(You should see 2 tabs on the bottom)
3. Drag window to secondary monitor
4. Drag second firefox to secondary monitor
(Tabs on secondary monitor are grouped as one)

Hope this helps

Regards Rob

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/20/2011 21:38:51

Hello Rob,

I can't reproduce the problem.

Please re-download and re-install the beta 2 - we have just released the update for it with some bugs fixed.

Please check whether the problem still persists in the new beta 2 or not and inform me about your results.

Best regards.

Rob Private

Posted: 04/22/2011 02:36:43

Hi there

As you saw in my first post I clearly stated that I am using beta 2 so not sure if anything has changed since I used that version

I might take a screenshot if I have time to illustrate the problem, but I can honestly say that there is a problem

So when you said you can't reproduce the problem are you saying that if you click for example Internet Explorer then go file->new window then on the bottom of the taskbar you get 2 separate tabs for each window for secondary monitor? or do you get just one tab wit aero peek for 2 windows? Because for me on monitor 1 it functions correctly but on monitor 2 it definitely functions incorrectly and doesn't give me 2 separate tabs on the taskbar

Thanks again for your time and effort

Regards Rob

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/24/2011 21:53:52

Hello Rob,

Thanks for the message.

I get just one tab with aero peek for 2 windows.

Some bugs were fixed and installation file of Actual Window Manager 6.5 beta 2 was modified.

Just re-download and re-install the beta 2.

If it doesn't solve the problem do steps described in my first reply.

Best regards.

Rob Private

Posted: 05/01/2011 19:02:30

Hi Vasiliy,

So are you saying for your primary monitor you get 1 tab with aero peek for 2 windows and for secondary monitor you get 1 tab with aero peek 2 windows?

Because in my case monitor one will have 2 tabs, and second monitor has 1 tab with 2 aero peek windows.

I would like the second monitor to have 2 tabs if I'm not using the grouping option (which is how it currently works in monitor 1)

Regards Rob

Rob Private

Posted: 05/02/2011 02:09:33

Hi there,

I decided to take a screenshot of the problem, I hope this makes it more clearer

Basically for google chrome I would like the look of monitor 1 on monitor 2 as you can see from the screenshot they are both different.

Regards Rob

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 05/03/2011 01:49:03

Hello Rob,

I still can't reproduce this problem.

Please, wait for the beta 3 realize and check whether the problem still persists or not.

Best regards.

Rob Private

Posted: 05/05/2011 01:10:20

Hi there,

Good news, problem is fixed I just downloaded beta 2 again and this time it worked, so perhaps I must of got the older beta 2 before the newer one was put up

Excellent work :)

Regards Rob

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register