Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AWM 6.0 clashes with PC Mag's ButtonBoogie in Vista » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 6190

Greg Webb
Advanced user

Posted: 03/17/2010 15:32:29

This issue may have been present in the last version 5 AWM but I've tied it down in AWM 6.0.

In the last four months I've had a nightmare time with Vista. It's settled down now and so I can now observe issues that are not necessarily Vista's.

PC Mag's ButtonBoogie is a utility to manage the presentation order of the tasks on the task bar. In addition, it has an option to 'group' tasks so that multiple copies of a task appear as just one icon.

Normally, left clicking on the icon of a group of tasks causes a pop-up showing all the window names associated with each copy the task. One of the windows can be selected with the mouse. When AWM is running, the pop-up disappears as soon as the mouse is moved which means it is impossible to select a window. I have found that if I left click the icon at the top left and then move the mouse very slowly I can sometimes select a window.

This may be an issue with Vista when the taskbar icons are grouped, not just with ButtonBoogie. I haven't tested this.

I'll provide more information when I know if this problem has been seen before.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register