Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Aero Snap on bottom screen edge » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 8463

Martyn Kenyon
Advanced user

Posted: 05/10/2009 05:21:50

Hi,

On my machine (3 monitors) aero snap (5.4b1) works on top, left and right screen edges (on all 3 monitors). I can't get it to work on the bottom screen edge.  I'm running True Launch bar, which puts an extra tool bar on the task bar on the main monitor - this task bar is 3 times the normal task bar height.  Windows Vista 32 bit.

Martyn

Gerard Booth
Advanced user

Posted: 05/10/2009 10:34:54

I have exactly the same problem as Martyn,(Four monitors) but I don't have True Launch Bar running.

Love the new snap feature though, and the new tabbed interface for Virtual desktops and Profiles is a great improvement.

At some time in a future release, would it be possible to have user defined layouts for the snap feature, as in 'GridMove' and 'Winsplit Revolution'. This would be an excellent addition to the feature.

Regards

Gerard Booth

Alexander Belyakov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 05/11/2009 22:49:08

Martyn, Gerard,

Our Aero Snap feature closely mimics Aero Snap of Windows 7. The only action bind to the bottom edge of the screen in Windows 7 is "vertical maximization", when you drag bottom edge of a window down to lower border of desktop.

Do you mean that this function does not work?
Or do you think that draggin window's title bar to the screen botton should lead to some window resizing/reposition? What do you think should happen in this case?

Gerard, yes, we are planning to add more snapping modes in future versions. We are still considering which should be implemented first, and how they should interact with each other and with other features of our products.

Martyn Kenyon
Advanced user

Posted: 05/12/2009 02:46:39

Alexander,

Thanks for the explanation.  It does work!!

I had been expecting it to work by dragging the title bar to the bottom (same action as for top and side snap).  I had not realised I should just drag the bottom edge.

Martyn

Gerard Booth
Advanced user

Posted: 05/12/2009 07:45:27

Alexander, this works fine for me as well, I had assumed the same as Martyn, that if I dragged a window by its title bar to the bottom of the screen it would maximise vertically. Again as Martyn, I did not realise the window needed to be dragged by the bottom edge. Maybe you need to point this out on the Beta Info page.

Great news about the future snapping features.

Best Regards

Gerard Booth

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register