Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «A few minor things , 5.3 beta 1 under Vista x64 dual monitor » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 8309

Albert Kok

Posted: 02/05/2009 08:04:04

Hey there,

I obtained a licensed copy of AWM 5.2. I'm using it under Vista x64 and soon found out about the crashing problem when using Alt+TAB. I'm now working with 5.3 beta 1 where this problem is resolved. I found some other minor bugs though.

I'm using Windows Vista x64 version 6.0.6001. Monitor 1 is 1920x1200, and monitor 2 is 1280x1024 on the left of monitor 1.

--

In some windows the buttonlist in the top-right dies when I move the window between monitors using the 'Move to monitor' button. It always happens, for instance, with a Putty window.
- I open a Putty window unmaximized (any size half way).
- I click AWM's 'Move to monitor 2' button.
- The window moves to the other monitor and the AWM buttons are gone.
- I maximize the window. This restores AMW's buttons for that window.
- This does not occur when moving the window while maximized.

--

Sometimes (I can't seem to detect when exactly) the row of extra titlebar buttons are dealigned. Maximizing/demaximizing the window fixes this.

--

In the Default Settings > Window Menu list is an empty row at the bottom where only a checkbox is showing and no action/status/description. Not sure what action belongs to it (if at all).

--

When clicking the Transparency button in a window for the first time after it spawned, the window flickers before it is faded into transparency. This only occurs the first time for that window, it looks smooth for the second time and after.

--

When minimizing a window on monitor 2 (or higher), having the taskbar enabled for that monitor, the close-effect is displayed instead of the minimize-effect, but I think you did this on purpose. :P

--

This is a feature request: An option to align the windownames on the additional taskbars to the right (which is now to the left) would be excellent! This would be quite handy when using big monitors where an additional taskbar is on the left screen. It would be easier to find/activate a window when the left screen is not your main screen.

--

Furthermore, everything works perfectly, thanks for this excellent tool!

Best regards,

Albert Kok

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/06/2009 04:34:27

Dear Albert,

Thank you for your help. We'll try to fix the bugs.

Effect of the Transparency button is a performance of Windows.

When you press a minimizing window on monitor different from primary the window is minimizes to primary monitor always. Therefore you watch the effect.

And I added your wish to our list of improvements.

Best regards.

E-mail: support@actualtools.com

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register