New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 22
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Actual Window Manager 5.0 beta 4 is available! , Some minor fixes and improvements; prolonged beta-testing period » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 44289

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 12/01/2007 05:41:38

Actual Tools has released the 4th beta version of Actual Window Manager 5.0.

This beta version of the upcoming major update of Actual Tools products has the prolonged testing period and includes some minor fixes and improvements.

We'd like to use the time available until the 5.0 release wisely so here is our appeal to all beta-testers: we eagerly need as many as possible examples of the successful usage of Command Prompt Windows Support with different applications. So please provide us with any information on this subject, specifying the application you handled and the feature used. Great thanks!

Also I would like to remind that due to our beta-testing policy our beta versions have an expiration date after which they can't be used. Also, due to their nature, beta versions can't be registered, even with a valid registration data: they are not final products but betas! So when the beta version expires you should either roll back to the last stable release, update your beta to a new one (if available), or upgrade to a new stable release (if available).
The beta 4 of Actual Window Manager 5.0 will expire December 31, 2007.

You can download it here.

I strongly recommend to install this beta into a separate folder (for example, "C:\Program Files\Actual Window Manager 5.0 beta 4") so you could easily roll back to any previous version.

Nicholas Dudfield

Posted: 12/01/2007 22:56:34

Great work guys.

Will spend a few hours one day trying out different
console apps; cygwin, putty etc etc and report back

Cheers

Nicholas Dudfield

Posted: 12/03/2007 22:51:13

*Problem*: Console, Always on top, Vista

Black console goes all white (blank) at irregular times when using title bar double click rollup.

Cycling between rolled up and down does not refresh it. Resizing the window when rolled down, even the tiniest does.

*Problem*: Quicktime Pro Player, Vista

Still sends quicktime process cpu usage through the roof. Exclusion fixes it. No problem. Maybe just add to the exclusion list?

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 12/03/2007 23:14:27

1) Console windows

The bug confirms, thanks for your test.

2) Quicktime Pro Player

Please specify what target window criteria do you use when creating an Exclusion?  

Nicholas Dudfield

Posted: 12/04/2007 05:29:49

I just blanket exclude it.

Program: ....\QuickTime\QuickTimePlayer.exe

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 12/06/2007 03:38:46

Hello Nicholas,

Returning to the Roll up problem with console windows, please specify under what Vista theme does it occur. Again please specify the guaranteed steps (itemized) that lead to such behavior.

Thank you in advance.

FYI The required fix seems to be completed. Now we need to make sure that it works. The steps will help.

Nicholas Dudfield

Posted: 12/06/2007 05:26:27

Sorry for late reply

Theme:     Aero
Prog:      cmd.exe
Setting:   Rollup - always on top
                 - title bar double click

Actions leading to paint issues:
   1) rollup window (always on top)
   2) move window while rolled up

This consistently causes the window to expand very slightly from rollup, enough to see one line of text in the console window. Double clicking to roll back down the window will expand the window but only shows the small portion of text.The rest is whited out. Pressing win-f5 to reapply settings does not clear the problem.
It is fixed consistently by left mouse clicking on a corner and resizing ever so slightly.

If you want I can make a screen capture and export my
settings

mailme@at  ndudfield at g mail dot com  

I just downloaded today a console replacement that works fine with AWM called console2.It's a multi-tabbed
console that works with cygwin, python, ssh etc etc

You can set transparency etc.. "through to wallpaper"

It never used to work with AWM but the latest version does and flawlessly so.  

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 12/06/2007 22:33:16

Thank you for your reply.

I confirm that the required fix has been completed. It will available in the final release of ver 5.0.

Thank you for your active beta-testing!

Joseph

Posted: 12/10/2007 16:25:13

I'm using winxp sp2 and am experiencing flickering and refresh problems. This seems to be widespread across all applications. With the command window title buttons I tried the above mentioned roll up and found that when moving it there was the one line of text displayed, a white screen when unrolled but it all appeared when the window was moved. This is a great new feature but I will have to roll back to a stable release because of the flickering. The modify settings and access unused buttons are new to me as well and look very useful. Is there transparency for the command window settings?  

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 12/11/2007 02:33:53

Make Transparent and Ghost actions are not available for console windows completely due to such windows' intrinsic peculiarities.

Messages 1 - 10 of 22
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register