Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Title buttons not working with Chrome based applications » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 17853

Dan Dowling

Posted: 03/28/2017 10:28:16

In Vivaldi 64bit browser and WhatsApp for Windows the Title buttons do not work.  In Vivaldi 64bit you can see them but you can't select them.  They are just dead like they aren't there at all.  In WhatsApp for Windows the Title buttons don't show up at all.  Both of these applications are built on the Chrome engine.

Also "Prevent Windows Accidental Close" and "Close Windows Manually: Via close button right-click" options don't work with Vivaldi 64bit or WhatsApp for Windows.

This has been the case for as long as I've been using AWM which is a little over a year.  I just tested with the latest 8.10.2 build before posting. The Vivaldi user base is growing rapidly and WhatsApp has a couple billion users world wide so more people are going to start seeing this issue.

I'm running the latest build of Windows 10 Pro 64bit. I also have Chrome 64bit browser installed on the same computer and that application works correctly for all the functions I've tested.  I haven't tested with other Chrome based browsers like SR Iron, Chromodo, etc. but I would recommend you do so as I imagine some of them will have the same issues.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/30/2017 22:16:12

Hello, Dan

All these problems are known problems. We'll try to fix them, and will post in this topic when any of these problems are fixed.

Thank you for pointing out this problems.

Best regards.

Kirill Kirill

Posted: 05/23/2017 06:04:12

Hello, Bogdan

Issue similar to stated above is displayed in Actual Windows Minimizer. Minimize Window Manually -> Via Close button click feature does not work on some of the windows: Firefox and Chrome for example.Firefox and chrome close instead of being minimized. Although it seem to be working fine for Outlook and Oneote. Is this issue expected to be fixed?

Just in case:
Actual Window Minimizer 8.10.2
Win10Pro 64 15064.296
Chrome 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit)
Firefox 53.0.3 (64-bit)

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/10/2017 08:44:21

Hello, Kirill

While the topic title might sound similar to the problem you've described in the topic in the Technical Support section, these are different problems. I was able only to confirm the problem with Firefox. As I can see, the actions you're talking about in that topic work well in Chrome. I explained the possible reasons why they don't work in Chorme for you. Moreover, Dan wrote about Chrome itself:
I also have Chrome 64bit browser installed on the same computer and that application works correctly for all the functions I've tested.

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/18/2018 18:40:00

Hello, gentlemen

In Vivaldi 64bit browser and WhatsApp for Windows the Title buttons do not work.
I'm glad to notify you that the subject issue has been fixed in the latest version of Actual Window Manager 8.13.2 and our other products as well.

Best regards.

Dan Dowling

Posted: 10/18/2018 19:08:17

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Hello, gentlemen

In Vivaldi 64bit browser and WhatsApp for Windows the Title buttons do not work.
I'm glad to notify you that the subject issue has been fixed in the latest version of Actual Window Manager 8.13.2 and our other products as well.

Best regards.

Well gee that's great.  Well at least for the next month until all the Chrome based browsers switch to Chrome 71 and all Actual Tools products stop working with all Chrome base browsers.  Thanks for waiting until now to fix it.  I'll try to enjoy it for the next month.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/26/2021 14:33:11

Hello, Dan

You wrote:
Also "Prevent Windows Accidental Close" and "Close Windows Manually: Via close button right-click" options don't work with Vivaldi 64bit or WhatsApp for Windows.

I'm glad to notify you that the Minmize via Close button and Prevent window's accidental close features were improved and now should work for most applications it didn't previously work with. The fix is available in the latest version of Actual Window Manager 8.14.6.1 and our other products as well.

You can update your program to the latest version (program's tray icon context menu > Info > Check for Updates) or download the latest version manually, install it and confirm the fix.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register