Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[Fixed] Problems with Launchy Application , Skin Problems with Launchy Application » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 10843

chgoguy7
Advanced user

Posted: 10/08/2007 22:00:56

I use Launchy (launchy.net) extensively for launching applications and an assortment of other tasks. I had been having problems with the skin of the Launchy window appearing incorrectly ever since I installed it. The border of the skin appears several inches above the main Launchy window. This evening I was determined to find the cause of this issue, as no one else on the Launchy forums is having this problem.

I shut down all other programs and began systematically starting applications to see what the conflicting app was. It was when I started AWM that the issue began. I stopped and started AWM and Launchy several times to verify that AWM is in without doubt the application that is causing the problem. Launchy looks and works perfectly when AWM is not running.

So I entered an exclusion rule for the Launchy application. This works fine (i.e., the skin displays correctly) the first time I run Launchy and the first time I call the Launchy window with the hotkeys (ATL+SPACE). However, once I call Launchy a second, third, etc. time, the skin issue returns. I've tried excluding the entire Launchy application by entering the Launchy program path in the Program field in the exclusion rule, and I've also tried adding the Window Class to the exclusion rule. Same messed up Launchy window each time. I even tried changing the hotkey combination with no luck. I have no other Launchy rules aside from this exclusion rule.

I'm using XP SP2, AWM 5.0 b2.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 10/09/2007 00:36:16

Hello,

Please could you turn on the Windows Monitoring Log and send us the information about the Launchy windows?

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 10/10/2007 04:36:20

Thank you for the files. Could you please specify the problem:
- What version of Launchy do you have? What skin do you use?
- Please provide us with the exact steps we should perform to reproduce the situation.

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/30/2008 00:45:55

The issue concerning the Launchy app is fixed. The fix is available in the final release of version 5.0

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register