Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AWM 8.7 Beta 1 - Global Update/Repaint Event , AWM Save Changes Causes uneeded Global Repaint » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 2950

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 12/21/2015 14:49:14

Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit,
AWM 8.7 Beta 1
---

If you only change: AWM > Mouse > Drag and Scroll > "Scroll step X lines" and press "Apply" or "OK" AWM causes a full repainting on the AWM Taskbars. This seems to me as an unnecessary step for just changing the number of lines to scroll on the mouse wheel. I watch for several seconds as everything on my AWM Taskbars are repainted/rebuilt from some underlining paint event. I'm not sure why any specific "??_DRAW" event would be generated. I suspect there are more than just this one non-display data / configuration element that would cause this behavior.

What do you think?

Sincerely,
Lars

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/23/2015 15:04:41

Hello, Lars

I was unable to reproduce this.

Does it happen when you change other settings?

Could you send us configuration using the Send to Tech Support tool (Configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support).

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 12/23/2015 17:28:11

Hi,

1. Yes, other settings cause some kind of DRAW event to be generated. I only tested one other item (I'm sure it is many). The check box item above "scroll step": AWM > Mouse > Drag and Scroll > "Drag the mouse to scroll windows (Hand tool)" either check it or uncheck it causes DRAW event to occur on AWM Taskbars. I have two AWM Taskbars and the APPLICATION Area (not the Windows Start, not the Trashcan, not the SystemTray area), but the application area gets repainted on all AWM Taskbars. Occurs 100% of the time.

To test yourself the effect of the DRAW event being exposed download TLB (TrueLaunchBar) and put one of these inside of one or more AWM Taskbars. When AWM updates the data items as described, TLB refreshes, rebuilding, and repainting itself in AWM Taskbar Application Area (docked). I'm just clicking on AWM "Apply" when making these changes. I'm sure if I bring out the message spy software I'll see a ?_PAINT or ?_DRAW being issued to the AWM Taskbar Application Area when nothing has changed.

Can provide video of the event if needed.

Sent AWM Configuration as requested.

Thanks!

Sincerely,
Lars

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/25/2015 15:46:20

Lars,

How do you put True Launch Bar inside AWM taskbars?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register