Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «4.5b1 and window rollup , Temporary disable feature in group titlebutton » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 7159

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 05/22/2007 08:32:08

I asked for a way of temporarily overriding the automatic rollup feature so that there was a way of keeping a window open for a short time, but which normally I would want to roll up when inactive.

Well it seems there is this feature now ( :D ) so thanks for that! I've just got a question or possibly a suggestion about the way it works.

a) It would be great if it could be assigned a titlebutton of its own - I can access it through the group button, but its on a submenu so can be a bit fiddly to get at.

b) When I do select it (via the group button), the group button then takes on the functionality of the 'Rollup' button, not the 'Disable auto-rollup' button - so clicking again doesn't remove the 'disable auto-rollup' option, it manually rolls or unrolls the window.

So, perhaps I'm not understanding how to get a titlebutton with that functionality - i.e. toggle 'disable auto-rollup', or perhaps the group button should be taking on this functionality but isn't.

Many thanks!

David.  

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 05/23/2007 05:10:52

Hello David,

Thank you for your feature requests.
a) Do you mean you want to see a special title button for "Enable/Disable auto-rollup"? I`d like to draw your attention to the fact that if you have a Roll-up title button you can do it with a single right-click.
b) A slight bug confirmed. It will be fixed in the next release of AWM  

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 09/18/2007 04:15:24

Update now using 5b2...

a) Yes I wanted it as a separate button, because on skype chat windows, I normally use auto-rollup. Sometimes I want to pin them open, but I would never want the normal 'rollup' button. I understand about using the right-click for this, but I'm so used to left clicking buttons for the function I want, it would be more user friendly to have a single purpose button to disable auto-rollup.

b) In 5b2, selecting 'disable auto-rollup' from the group menu works, but still doesn't set the group button function to toggling auto-rollup as I would expect. Before, it used to assign the normal 'rollup' function to the group button, but now, it doesn't assign any function to the group button - left clicking gets you the normal menu as if you've never selected a function for the group button at all.

Cheers,

Dave.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register