Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AWM 8.2 Beta 4 - #32770 , Can't create specific enough rule for correct application of rule » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 4071

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 07/05/2014 18:29:05

I encounter many problems with "Window class = #32770" where the "caption" and "program" as the same, YET a requirement to differentiate different AWM behaviors.

Example: Windows Outlook (2013), with more than one picture attachment. Right-click on one of the images (file attachments), pop-up will list "Save All Attachments" (select), dialog with Window class = #32770, caption = "Save All Attachments", and program = "outlook.exe" this is a small dialog which actually will center in the screen and I DO NOT WANT TO MODIFY with AWM. However, when you click "OK", the Windows 7, so-called common dialog Window class = #32770, caption "Save All Attachments" and program = "outlook.exe" is displayed which can exist in position and size all over the screen AND I which to have AWM modify (size & position).

Is there some magic to allow more specificity in selecting the appropriate windows?

---
P.S. Thanks for the fix below:

[-] Windows x64: Windows got hidden if both the "Resize window at startup"
   and "Block premature appearance of window" options were enabled.

Sincerely,
Lars

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 07/07/2014 16:29:22

Thanks for the post, Zardoz! Let me take a look at your configuration files, please.

Best regards!

support@actualtools.com

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 07/07/2014 19:00:20

Sent

Sincerely,
Lars

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 07/14/2014 18:05:08

Thank you for your replies and your configuration files, Lars!

To retain windows/dialogs for each program in the same location where they were closed previously, you shouldn't need to create any rules as you have your Default Settings disabled and as you are using Window Class criterion in the Specific Settings rules. Taking Microsoft Outlook for example: I have disabled the "Microsoft Outlook: #32770 Insert File" rule and that dialog window positioned properly, and no rules were applied to that dialog window. Does it work that way on your side?

Best regards.

support@actualtools.com

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register