Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[SOLVED] Screen-saver Problems , Screen-saver Only Partially Working » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 10607

chgoguy7
Advanced user

Posted: 04/06/2007 17:54:54

I am having a rather odd problem with AWM 4.4 beta 3. When the screen-saver activates, it activates only in an area in which I have certain application windows sized and moved to. I use a blank screen as my screen-saver, and as a result, when it activates there is a blank area covering only a portion of the screen, with the rest of the screen visible (until the monitor turns off and goes into energy save mode). Once I move the mouse or touch the keyboard, it disappears. I assume somehow my settings for certain application windows is being assumed by the screen-saver but I didn't think that the screen-saver was something that AWM interacted with. And I know that it is AWM causing the problem because once I exit AWM, the screen-saver works fine.

So I tried to exclude the screen-saver "application" in AWM using the path to my screen-saver file "c:\windows\system32\scrnsave.scr" but since that file is not an actual application (it's more like a template that the screen-saver uses), it is not working to exclude it. I am using just the standard Windows XP blank screen-saver.

Is anyone else experiencing the same problem? Is there perhaps a window class that I can try excluding to correct this? Or is this a bug in AWM that needs to be ironed out. I can send in my config file if needed.  

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 04/07/2007 05:34:31

chgoguy7, it seems you have placement restrictions turned on for All Windows rule. Please try to exclude the following window class:

Code
Blank Screen Saver

Hope it should help.

chgoguy7
Advanced user

Posted: 04/07/2007 15:38:14

Thanks for the suggestion Alexey. I added an exclusion for the "Blank Screen Saver" window class but that did not resolve the problem.

Also, I do not have any "All Windows" rules configured, including any window position restriction rules.

If you have any other suggestions, they would much appreciated. Thanks!

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 04/07/2007 23:09:58

Hmm, strange... well, in such case we need your configuration to analyze.

chgoguy7
Advanced user

Posted: 04/10/2007 11:33:30

Alexey,

I've attempted several times to send the configuration files to you but the e-mail is returned each time stating that it is undeliverable. I am using the File | Send Config to Tech Support option. is there a different e-mail address I should attempt sending the configuration files too? Thanks!

Glenn Wilcox

Posted: 04/10/2007 14:10:14

I had this same problem - I ended up just mailing the info with the config file as an attachement from the failed message...

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/11/2007 07:25:21

chgoguy7,

As far as I see you have the rule for "Save dialog" and it affects the behavior of Blank Screen Saver thas has its own caption, which is "Blank Screen Saver". Therefore it takes into account the value pointed in the "Save Dialog" rule. As a possible solution, you can disable the excluded rule and for the target window "Save Dialog" use an exact match instead of a substring one.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register