Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Window's Rule Icon = Missing & Icon Path 'lost' , No Icon & Icon Path Missing » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 7672

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 01/14/2014 04:26:09

AWM > Specific Settings > Target Window:

The "Window's Rule Icon" is sometimes (often) missing and uses the generic/default. However, AWM often has the correct path to the program displayed under "Program" (so it should know the correct icon to utilize).

Idea #1: Seems AWM should use the default icon or display the icon selection dialog for the end-user to select an icon when AWM knows that application path via the (checkbox+path field) "Program"

Idea #2: It seems to me AWM should retain the full path to the icon selected so that if/when you click the "Window's Rule Icon" button, that the full application path is used rather than always defaulting the the shell32.dll

What are your thoughts?

Sincerely,
Lars

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/16/2014 17:53:35

Hello Zardoz2293,

Thanks for the post.

Could you specify your OS (version, 32 or 64-bit) and the version of Actual Window Manager?
What applications (names, versions) have you noticed the probelm with?
Could you try to trace what exactly steps cause the problem appearing?

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 01/16/2014 17:58:44

Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit) - v6.1.7601
AWM = v8.1 Beta 3

Vasiliy, just for reference, as long as I can remember the "Window's Rule Icon" has been a hit/miss (meaning sometime it works, sometimes it doesn't).

I've tried a couple tests just now and it worked. I'm thinking the source of the problem is when an application utilizes #32770 and the source application isn't considered (just a guess -- I'll check later today).

Sincerely,
Lars

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register