Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[FIXED] Office 2007 Problems , Office 2007 menus, popups, context menus not disappearing » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 13902

chgoguy7
Advanced user

Posted: 03/15/2007 05:21:55

Hi guys,

As usual, AWM product is looking great. Keep up the good work!

One problem I am experiencing in Office 2007 is that when I use a menu, popup window (info tool popup window when mousing over a menu item), or the right-click context menu, they do not disappear as expected after use, even after minimizing the application (primarily occurring in Word and Excel). I thought at first this was an issue with Office 2007 itself but found that exsting AWM clears these remaining "screen artifacts".

So, of course, the next logical thought was to exclude these window classes from AWM. However, I do not know how to find out the window class names of these items since they disappear after using them. Any ideas how I can found out the window classes of these objects so that I can exclude them?

Also, it might be a good idea to exclude these window classes from the default excluded window classes similar to the default Office XP window classes that are already excluded by default in the production version of AWM.

Thanks for the help and keep up the great work!

Nick

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/15/2007 06:28:35

Hello Nick,

Thank you for your note. I have added it to our suggestions database so it will surely be considered during the development of next versions.

chgoguy7
Advanced user

Posted: 03/15/2007 09:58:43

Thanks for the reply and for considering adding this to future versions. But I was wondering if you had any suggestions as to how to discover the window class names of these objects so that I can exclude them from AWM. Are there are tips or tricks that anyone can offer, or is there perhaps a software utility of some kind that reports on the window class names currently activiated, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!  :D  

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/19/2007 06:51:50

Hello Nick,

You are right there are certain tricks to discover the window class of such objects. I can recommend you utility "WinSight" that comes with "Borland Delphi"  

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 03/19/2007 07:57:01

By the way, here are some Office 2007 window classes someone may want to exclude:

Code
tool tip     : [b]Net UI Tool Window[/b]
popup menu   : [b]NetUIHWND[/b]
shadow window: [b]MSO_DROPSHADOW_WINDOW_CLASS[/b]

chgoguy7
Advanced user

Posted: 03/20/2007 11:28:44

Hi Alexey,

Thanks for listing these Office 2007 classes. Excluding these classes has resolved my difficulties with menus and popups not disappearing as expected after use in Office 2007 applications. This might help others who are using Office 2007 and having similar problems. Thanks again!

Office 2007 window classes

tool tip     : Net UI Tool Window
popup menu   : NetUIHWND
shadow window: MSO_DROPSHADOW_WINDOW_CLASS  

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login