Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «8.1 B3 - So Far So Good , 8.1 Beta 3 - So far so good. » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 5234

Paul Borer

Posted: 12/28/2013 21:01:05

Only came across this program today, and installed beta 2 this morning.

Initially I did try on a VM the current version of Actual Window Guard, however that threw an error on exit. I tested the current release of Actual Window Monitor and also 8.1 B2 on my VM with no issues.

As I'm looking for a product I'd consider using, I also installed the 8.1 B2 on my Desktop, installed ok.

It was nice to see that you have just released beta 3. I did an in-place upgrade from B2 to B3 and the upgrade went ok. Seemed to take around 30/40 seconds from when it closed windows explorer to reloading it - which seemed a little long, but understandable given all the background stuff it needed to do during the update.

So far am liking the product and Beta 3.  :D

Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional *64 (6.3 - Build 9600)

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 12/28/2013 21:14:53

Paul, thank for your quick "field report" :)

It would be nice of you to check the Windows 8/8.1-related features (like the new "Metro frame window" hotkey or Alt-Tab Task Switcher) on your system and tell us whether they are stable/useful or not.

Happy Holidays!

pbmcmlxxi

Posted: 12/28/2013 21:22:17

Thanks Alex.

I'll try and look into those 'Metro' features for you.  :)

As I'm new to this program and don't use 'Metro' on my PC I'll export my desktop settings of the program to my VM. If you could send me a link to an article or a guide as to what you would like me to test with your program regarding 'Metro' that be appreciated.

Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional *64 (6.3 - Build 9600)

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/16/2014 17:20:06

Hello Paul,

There are new "Metro frame window" hotkeys (Actual Window Manager -> Hotkeys -> Actions -> Metro frame window, win+shift+alt+] by default) that provides the ability to run Metro apps in windows alongside traditional desktop applications.

You could check these hotkeys with Metro apps on your system.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register