Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «8.1 Brilliance! » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 6166

Steve Kalide
Advanced user

Posted: 10/17/2013 11:34:41

Fantastic! I had to throw a fist-pump into the air when I saw 8.1 beta's new features!

I love the new multi-screen screensaver with individual idle activation! I was tickled with delight when I saw it work for the first time. Pure brilliance. Microsoft should take notes fr om ActualTools (and with Windows 8 madness, they should take notes now more than ever)!

And I love the new clipboard manager with the copy history -- I was literally prowling around the internet this last week looking for a good clipboard manager to use, because I hate copying something, forgetting that you haven't pasted it yet, and then copying something over it. This feature alone has already saved me hassle.

There was a slight minor hiccup where anytime I'd copy something, focus would switch away from the current window to somewh ere else, but it wouldn't show another window that focus had switched to. This happened the same across multiple programs and windows.

After copying/pasting a few times in different programs and activating the shortcut for the clipboard manager, the issue has disappeared.

Thanks again guys!

Win7/Win8.1 Pro (x64)
AWM 8.3b2

Alexander Salnikov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 10/17/2013 23:30:47

Hello Steve,

How often does this issue happen? Are you able to reproduce it or it just happens randomly?

Any questions?Mail to support@actualtools.com!

Steve Kalide
Advanced user

Posted: 10/19/2013 01:28:35

So far, as far as I can tell, it's happening randomly. It's happened a couple times since I last posted here -- perhaps one or two times a day. It seems to correct itself after switching between a few windows and pasting things directly from the clipboard manager itself (double-clicking on an entry).

If I had to hazard a guess, I would guess it has something to do with the clipboard manager (hidden) window taking focus as it hooks the copying.

If/when it happens again, I'll try using WinLister/WinExplorer to see who's taking the focus.

Win7/Win8.1 Pro (x64)
AWM 8.3b2

Steve Kalide
Advanced user

Posted: 10/20/2013 00:51:30

Hmm, it continues to happen -- and seemingly more frequently than it was.

I've found that the way to make it stop (temporarily) is to use the keyboard shortcut to bring up the clipboard manager. After doing that, the problem temporarily goes away. I haven't been able to find a pattern as to why it happens sometimes but not others.

Also, I'm noticing a color coding in the clipboard manager -- it seems to be color-coded according to program that individual text was clipped from. Is this what the coloring is for? Just curious. If so, it's actually a nice touch, as it helps to differentiate what was clipped from various programs.

Win7/Win8.1 Pro (x64)
AWM 8.3b2

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/21/2013 16:18:53

Hello Steve

The problem has been confirmed.

We'll try to fix it.

Coloring in the Clipboard History is for designation of different types of text - black is for usual text, blue is for html etc.

Best regards.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/23/2014 17:28:23

Hello Steve,

This problem has been fixed in the current 8.1 version of Actual Window Manager (download link - http://actualtools.com/files/aimsetup.exe ).

Could you confirm this?

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register