Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[Bug] AWM Beta 2 - Send Configuration , Error Number: -2147467259 » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 8693

Tristan Wolf

Posted: 02/26/2007 17:48:44

I was attempting to send myself my own configuration file, backing it up, so I could run some tests on the window rules without messing up my current configuration.

I went to menu option "File", sub menu option "Send Configuration", sub menu option "Send to a Friend".  I then received the following error:

Microsoft Office Outlook
Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request.  Please run Microsoft Office Outlook and set it as the default mail client.

After hitting the OK button, I received the following message

Configuration files sending error
The following error occured when sending the files:
Unknown Error Code: -2147467259

(FYI - "occured" is misspelled in the above error message.)

I use GMail (www.gmail.com) as my default email client, instead of Outlook.

I ran a quick test, by clicking on a mailto link on a website, and my browser correctly opened up a new email.

I suspect this is an issue with attaching the file to the email.  Being that there are millions of GMail users, I see this as a potential problem.

My suggestion:  If the email function fails, prompt the user to save the configuration file someplace to be emailed at a later time.

Thanks for your help.

EDIT - Corrected first error message text.

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 03/01/2007 08:07:01

Tristan, thanks for the report. Please specify what happens on your machine when you try to "Send To - Mail Recipient" some file. Does the GMail client open correctly?

Tristan Wolf

Posted: 03/01/2007 08:51:52

When I right click a file, go to menu option "Send To", sub menu option "Mail Recipient", nothing appears to happen at all.  GMail does not open up a new email, I receive no messages, etc.

So, it would appear that Windows itself is what is choking on GMail.

I still say have the opportunity to save that file if the emailing function fails.  It's the only bandage that I can think of for the problem.

Thank you for your consideration.

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 03/07/2007 02:53:27

Tristan Wolf wrote:
I still say have the opportunity to save that file if the emailing function fails. It's the only bandage that I can think of for the problem.

Accepted. Will be implemented in the 4.4 release.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register