Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Virtual desktop move window to vd on startup » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 3354

TabSel
Advanced user

Posted: 08/07/2013 02:38:42

Does not work.

Speaking of the "run" window which comes up on Win+R

I configured the default window rule to have the window moved to ALL virtual desktops on startup.
In the log, I can clearly see two new entries when the Win+R run windows comes up, both are applied the default window rule.

However, the run window always is placed on Virtual Desktop #1 (of 9)

TabSel
Advanced user

Posted: 08/07/2013 16:12:11

remark:

- I created Virtual Desktops "Desktop 1" - "Desktop 9".
- I configured the default window rule, startup option "move to virtual desktop" to "move to ALL virtual desktops"
- open the virtual desktop overview window

a newly opened window to which the default window rule applies is then visible in ALL virtual desktops: the app icon is visible in ALL virtual desktops in the virtual desktop overview window.

This is true with the Run-window (win-R), too: Virtual Desktop #1 is active, I hit Win-R, the Run-Window opens and the window icon is visible in ALL virtual desktops in the virtual desktop overview window.

However, when I switch to another Virtual Desktop (using a hot-key ctrl-Win-num1-9), the Run-Window app icon disappears from ALL virtual Desktops in the Virtual Desktop Overview!

Switching back to Desktop #1, the Run-Window app icon again is visible in ALL virtual desktops in the overview...

Alexander Salnikov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/23/2013 15:53:23

Good day TabSel,

Sadly,I wasn't able to reproduce the issue. Could you please send your configurations using the Send to Tech Support tool?

Any questions?Mail to support@actualtools.com!

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register