Login
Register

Messages 11 - 16 of 16
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Window rules priority » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 11534

Greg Webb
Advanced user

Posted: 08/30/2013 15:24:04

I sympathise with TabSel, I have a few applications where I can't distinguish windows.

There are three attributes for identifying windows: the window class, the window caption and the program's pathname. The issue is, some programs use the same window class and caption for different purposes. Hence it is impossible to distinguish windows for each purpose.

What to do? Change the program to use different window classes or captions? Nice idea but impractical.

Give Actual Window Manager another attribute to identify windows? Good idea but what?

I've found a program called Windowse (http://www.greatis.com/delphicb/windowse/download.html) which gives lots of information about the window under the cursor. I don't understand very much of it but I'm wondering if there is an attribute there that can be used? For example, on the Class tab, can the 'Function' attribute be used?

Another approach could be to uniquely identify each instance of a window with the same class and caption. I'm assuming the system has a unique identifier for each window - the handle?? So with instances we could have a rule for the first instance, the second instance, etc.

Just thinking out load.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/30/2013 18:23:49

Hello Greg

We already have the requests about adding new criterion for targeting windows. The Function attribute can't be used as such criterion.

Best regards.

TabSel
Advanced user

Posted: 09/01/2013 16:47:38

May I suggest the following:

Create a flag/checkbox per Window Rule, that says "apply only when no Exclusion rule matches"

Default 'blank', so existing configurations stay compatible.
When checked, and there is an Exclusion that matches the window, the Window Rule is NOT applied.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/03/2013 17:43:05

Hello TabSel

For now i can only advise you to create several program-oriented rules with the same parameters for the windows of the class #32770 instead of the single rule for all windows of that class so that the kore2 and maschine windows of that class won't be affected by any rule and the exclusions for those windows will work.

In the next update for Actual Window Manager the corresponding windows of kore2 and maschine will be excluded on the program level, it means that you'll be able to use the single rule for the windows of #32770 class with the needed windows excluded.

Best regards.

TabSel
Advanced user

Posted: 09/03/2013 17:50:00

Can you tell what's so special with these two windows on a technical level?
(I am familiar with windows development and interested)

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/05/2013 17:12:26

For now we don't know the exact mechanism of how these programs crash.

Best regards.

Messages 11 - 16 of 16
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register