Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Restrict placement does not work well anymore , Using AWM 8.0 beta 3 » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 3189

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 07/08/2013 00:02:09

I have made a specific setting for the WordPerfect (X4) Find and Replace window that restricts placement with the bottom border set to 65% of the current monitor, so that this window never overlaps the text that it finds. When I have reaches the last found item in the document a new window is opened asking whether I want to continue at the beginning of the document (see left half of attached picture). In AWM 7.5.1 that second window is properly displayed on top of the find and replace window (see same left half).

However, in AWM beta 3 the second window is placed high on top of the monitor, partly outside the visible area (see right half of picture). I cannot move that second window down. It seems that a separate restrict placement rule is applied to that second window, which behaves like "do not overlap with the first window". However, I can see in the log it is actually the same rule for Find and replace windows that is applied. Apparently, for the second window it is applied incorrectly.

I have tested this by going back and forth between v7.5.1 and 8.0 beta 3 without changing anything in the settings. Please note that at the right half the top of the picture is the top of my monitor, whereas this is not the case for the left half of the picture. If I switch the restrict placement setting off in the specific setting and leave everything else unchanged, the problem does not arise anymore. However, of course, I would like it to work properly again, as I have made this specific setting for a purpose.

Gerard Booth
Advanced user

Posted: 07/09/2013 02:10:15

I have just tested this with a similar setup and can confirm Pim's findings.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/17/2013 17:28:58

Hello Gentlemen

Gerard, have you noticed the problem with the same windows of WordPerfect X4 as Pim?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register