New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 11 - 20 of 33
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 | Next | Last 

Topic: «AWM 7.3b1-Taskbar bug , Displays Mixed even though set as Individual » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 28014

Scott MacDonald

Posted: 09/24/2012 19:14:21

I have Win 7 64-bit with the mode set to Individual and it works fine, though I do have an issue with the start button behavior (see http://www.actualtools.com/forum/read.php?FID=12&TID=2359). I tried switching the taskbar modes and each seems to work correctly on my system.

Edit: I have the Windows taskbar showing on monitor 1 and the AWM taskbar on monitor 2. I did not try replacing the primary taskbar.

Chris Miller
Advanced user

Posted: 09/25/2012 00:26:00

Scott MacDonald wrote:
I have Win 7 64-bit with the mode set to Individual and it works fine, though I do have an issue with the start button behavior (see http://www.actualtools.com/forum/read.php?FID=12&TID=2359). I tried switching the taskbar modes and each seems to work correctly on my system.

Edit: I have the Windows taskbar showing on monitor 1 and the AWM taskbar on monitor 2. I did not try replacing the primary taskbar.

Scott, I am also seeing the exact issue you are with the Start Orb.  As long as I only click on the Orb on the primary monitor, it's fine.  As soon as I try and click the Orb on any other monitor no Orb works other then clicking the primary Orb,which only shows the menu on another monitor.

And as much as I'd like to accept that I'm the only one with the issue with the Taskbar, I can not.  If I reinstall 7.2, THE PROBLEM GOES AWAY.  There is something in this new version that is an issue.  If it was something in my system, then reinstalling the old wouldn't fix it.

Bottom line is, there are MAJOR problems with this new version/TaskBar.

Ah, who am I kidding, I can't use this anyways because the developer's see no urgency in fixing the stupid Nvidia Surround monitor issues with AWM.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/25/2012 01:19:32

Hello gentlemen.

Chris, i didn't mean your system causes the problem, i meant that it seems that some changes in AWM new beta + some specificities of your systems causes this bug, so i asked about the specificities.

Best regards.

Scott MacDonald

Posted: 09/25/2012 06:06:08

Chris Miller wrote:
And as much as I'd like to accept that I'm the only one with the issue with the Taskbar, I can not. If I reinstall 7.2, THE PROBLEM GOES AWAY. There is something in this new version that is an issue. If it was something in my system, then reinstalling the old wouldn't fix it.

Bottom line is, there are MAJOR problems with this new version/TaskBar.

I doubt very much that Bogdan meant to be brushing you off. As a third party, I read his mention that you were the only reporter as meaning that there's something different about your system's configuration fr om other beta testers, so they're going to need to get a lot of information on your setup in order to figure it out.

As for me, I certainly didn't mean to imply that your difficulties are a non-issue. The only reason I mentioned it working on my system was to provide more information for the development team to work with. As a software engineer myself, I understand how hard it can be to track these things down. If it would help then I would be happy to provide my configuration files so they can be compared to yours by the team; this may help them figure out wh ere the bug lies and fix it faster.

Chris Miller
Advanced user

Posted: 09/25/2012 12:36:06

Scott,
Wasn't taken that way.  I was just offering you some information that it's happening to me as well and how I was able to replicated it.

Bogdan,
The only other manager I have installed, but is completely disabled is DisplayFusion.  I even uninstalled it entirely and tried AWM again, with the same result on both systems.

What gets me is that this is happening on two completely different systems, different video cards, drivers, etc.  I can replicate the issue and immediately reinstall 7.2 and everything works again.

I'll have to reinstall 7.3b1 to send you the proper config.  I had to reinstall 7.2 on both in order to be able to work.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/02/2012 21:07:12

Hello Chris.

I'm still waiting for the configuration files of your AWM 7.3 beta 1.

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/02/2012 21:40:13

Chris, could you try to reproduce this issues with the "clear" user account. Just create a new user on your system and try to reproduce the same issue.

Chris Miller
Advanced user

Posted: 11/09/2012 08:36:12

Still same issue in 7.3b2 as 7.3b1.  If I go back to 7.2 final everything works perfectly.  I sent logs in.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/12/2012 04:29:29

Hello Chris.

I was unable to find your email. Could you send it again to support@actualtools.com?

Have you tried to reproduce this issue with the "clear" user account?

Best regards.

Chris Miller
Advanced user

Posted: 11/12/2012 10:40:34

Crap, no, I forgot to test the new user.  Sorry, I'll try and do that today and then resend logs in.

Messages 11 - 20 of 33
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register