Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Initial feedback on 4.3b1 » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 7614

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 11/30/2006 05:47:05

OK, its only be a day, but here's a couple of things I've noticed so far.

The upgrade/install didn't seem to work very well. I followed the advice and installed into a new directory, after quitting the previous version which was running (4.2). I then copied the windowrules.ini file across and ran the new version. Ever window froze - no title buttons were added. I unloaded 4.3b1 and everything worked again. This was fairly repeatable until I gave up and rebooted.

Copying the rules across didn't seem to work entirely, so I also tried the import function. That also didn't seem to import everything - the default rules/title buttons displayed weren't right, and some of the explicit rules (e.g. startup position) don't work either.

The group button which gives access to the menu of 'unused' functions works first time, but after that, it seems to take on the function of whichever menu option you chose - e.g. if you choose 'rollup' from the menu, the grouping button then 'becomes' a 'rollup' button and doesn't display the menu anymore.

Hope that makes sense - anything else you need, as always, let me know.

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 12/01/2006 04:06:10

Hello, David, thank you for the feedback.

I'm sorry that I forgot to specify that you need to restart your PC before running the new version.

The Import function is useless (or even harmful!) when moving settings between 4.x version because it's intended to convert the old 3.x settings into the 4.x format - and nothing more. So I strongly recommend to not use the Import function for copying the rule settings between 4.x versions.

The group button behaves as designed: it shows the menu on the left-click only the first time; then it takes the selected action as default to be invoked by the left-click. To invoke the menu of disabled actions back, use the right-click on the group button.

Hope this shed some light on described issues.

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 12/01/2006 10:21:24

Thanks for the reply - I guess I should read the manual about that last point  :oops:

Perhaps the import should refuse to run on non-3.x files?

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 12/02/2006 00:43:40

Perhaps the import should refuse to run on non-3.x files?

Yes, this seems reasonable. We'll consider this issue soon.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register