Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Cascade/stacked/side by side restores maximized windows other monitor » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 5356

Bertram Vogel
Advanced user

Posted: 06/24/2012 09:19:16

This problem seems to be related to this http://www.actualtools.com/forum/read.php?FID=12&TID=2091

If you choose "Cascade", "Show windows stacked" or "Show windows side by side" from the taskbar group (!) commands, all maximized windows on the other monitors are restored to their previous size. (This does not happen when using the taskbar commands, i.e. right-clicking on the taskbar)

I'm using AWM 7.1 beta 3 and Windows XP Prof. 32-bit.

Best Regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/24/2012 22:16:05

Hello Bertram.

The problem has been confirmed.

We'll try to fix it.

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/12/2012 03:45:42

Hello Bertram

I'd like to inform you that the subject issue has been fixed. The fix is available in the Actual Window Manager new version 7.1 (as well as in the new versions of other our programs that provide the relevant functionality).

Best regards.

Bertram Vogel
Advanced user

Posted: 07/22/2012 04:55:01

Hello Bogdan,
i can confirm this issue is fixed in AWM 7.2 beta 1.

But there seems to be another issue with this commands (i'm not sure wheter this is a bug or not): The windows are not brought to the front when invoking one of the commands described in my starting post (cascade, side-by-side, stacked).

For example: When i have an explorer-window open (no matter if maximized or normal size) and 5 notepad-windows and invoke the command "Show the windows side-by-side" on the notepad-group, these windows will be arranged correctly, but the explorer-window will be somewhere "between" them (in the z-order). I think the group should be brought-to-front when using this commands OR there should be a command: "Bring Windows to front".

Another remark: When using the "Cascade"-command, the windows are positioned correctly, but the second last window  (in the order) is selected/activated after the command and so the actual last window is not visible, because it is beneath the second last window .

Best Regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/24/2012 22:31:19

Hello Bertram.

Thanks for the post.

The issue has been confirmed.

We'll try to fix it.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list