Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Window rule to resize the Event Log Window no longer works » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 11612

Ernst Fueloep

Posted: 10/04/2006 02:05:53

I have defined a window rule for the Event Log Window (Window class: MMCMainFrame; Program: mmc.exe) which should resize the Event Log at startup. This window rule worked perfectly in AWM 3.8, AWM 4.0, AWM 4.1 and AWM 4.2 beta 1. But in AWM 4.2 beta 2 it no longer works.
When I open the Event Log nothing happens. Only when I select "re-apply window rule" AWM does what I want it to do.

So, something seems to be broken in AWM 4.2 beta 2.

Regards,
Ernst

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 10/04/2006 10:18:48

Yes, as I said before, beta 2 has some serious changes in its low-level functionality. Please specify which values you provided in the Target Window for the rule you told about.

Ernst Fueloep

Posted: 10/04/2006 12:06:41

I have provided the following values for Target Window for the window rule:

Window class:      MMCMainFrame
Window caption:    (not selected)
Program:           C:\WINNT\system32\mmc.exe

Thats all.

Regards,
Ernst

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 10/09/2006 04:03:44

Well, I've checked this issue with the last build of AWM, and everything's fine. So the 4.2 release will restore the functioning of your MMC rule.

But also please check out if you created some other rules related to MMC (Microsoft Management Console). The fact is that many administrative applets (like "Computer Management", "Services", "Local Security Policy" etc.) use the same window class/program values for their windows. So if you need some specific settings for Event Viewer exactly then I'd recommend you to enable the "Window caption" criterion.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register