Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Aero Snap: Disabled via AWM for Native , Start/Stop AWM » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 5479

Zardoz2293

Posted: 02/22/2012 10:16:44

1. If I have AWM | Options | Window Snapping | Disable the native Windows 7 Snap = CHECKED the Native Windows 7 snap effect will not work. Now if you disable AWM | System Tray | Stop, one would expect, or I'm expecting that *all* features of AWM are disabled, and hence, I would now have Native Windows 7 Aero Snap working, until of course I AWM | System Tray | Start.

2. If I have AWM | Options | Window Snapping | Disable the native Windows 7 Snap = UNCHECKED and Aero Snap (windows 7-style window snapping) = CHECKED, it doesn't do anything and the Native Aero Snap functions. I'd expect to see under this configuration: Native Aero Snap = DISABLED with AWM Aero Snap and in my case the preview color would be orange (for testing).

3. If I have AWM | Options | Window Snapping | Disable the native Windows 7 Snap = UNCHECKED and Classic = CHECKED, as in #2 above, it doesn't do anything and the Native Aero Snap functions. I'd expect to see under this configuration: Native Aero Snap = ENABLED with AWM Classic as there's no To other windows = CHECKED snapping occurring.

4. Suspend on = CHECKED/UNCHECKED = no effect.

5. There's some funky way the "Apply" button becomes enabled in AWM. It doesn't work most of the time. Whatever the hotspot is that causes the enabled effect can somehow lost and the "Apply" button never gets enabled. It's hit and miss at my end. My preference for the OK | Cancel | Apply is just the basic enable/disable on the immediate metadata change event.

6. The only thing that works under the "Window Snapping" is "Disable the native Windows 7 Snap"

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/22/2012 23:24:32

Hello Zardoz2293,

Thanks for the post.

1. If I have AWM | Options | Window Snapping | Disable the native Windows 7 Snap = CHECKED the Native Windows 7 snap effect will not work. Now if you disable AWM | System Tray | Stop, one would expect, or I'm expecting that *all* features of AWM are disabled, and hence, I would now have Native Windows 7 Aero Snap working, until of course I AWM | System Tray | Start.

2. If I have AWM | Options | Window Snapping | Disable the native Windows 7 Snap = UNCHECKED and Aero Snap (windows 7-style window snapping) = CHECKED, it doesn't do anything and the Native Aero Snap functions. I'd expect to see under this configuration: Native Aero Snap = DISABLED with AWM Aero Snap and in my case the preview color would be orange (for testing).
- These problems have been confirmed. We'll try to fix them.

3. If I have AWM | Options | Window Snapping | Disable the native Windows 7 Snap = UNCHECKED and Classic = CHECKED, as in #2 above, it doesn't do anything and the Native Aero Snap functions. I'd expect to see under this configuration: Native Aero Snap = ENABLED with AWM Classic as there's no To other windows = CHECKED snapping occurring.
- Could you give me a screenshot of the "Window Snapping" pane and clarify what exactly functions don't work?

5. There's some funky way the "Apply" button becomes enabled in AWM. It doesn't work most of the time. Whatever the hotspot is that causes the enabled effect can somehow lost and the "Apply" button never gets enabled. It's hit and miss at my end. My preference for the OK | Cancel | Apply is just the basic enable/disable on the immediate metadata change event.
- Could you give me a step-by-step description of how to get the Apply button disabled after some changes in the Configuration module of Actual Window Manager?

4. Suspend on = CHECKED/UNCHECKED = no effect.
6. The only thing that works under the "Window Snapping" is "Disable the native Windows 7 Snap"
- Could you give me a list of running applications on your system?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register