Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Window Settings | Target Window = Not Enough , Not enough specificity » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 5691

Zardoz2293

Posted: 02/20/2012 15:30:18

When you specify a dialog to be modified there isn't enough specificity to perform the task.

* Window Class
* Window Caption
* Program

Just doesn't do it. Window Class #32770 is a nightmare. Further, *most* software vendors like using #32770 class with multiple, I repeat multiple Window Caption with the SAME name and in some cases they change the Window Caption in that dialog while you have it, the dialog, loaded.

I'm requesting something extra to help tame the beast. Requesting *very serious* consideration for specificity for extra Window Styles.

Example: I can distinguish in one application with the multiple dialogs with the same Window Class and Window Caption via Maximized / Minimize, one dialog has this, the other doesn't. If we could check this then the two dialogs can correctly be identified and all is good in the world. My experience is this is a very common concern.

What are your thoughts on this madness?

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/20/2012 21:45:06

Hello Zardoz2293,

Thanks for the post.

I've added your suggestion to our list of feature requests.
We'll consider this.

Best regards.

TabSel
Advanced user

Posted: 02/21/2012 01:18:25

Also, using regexpr matches with the class name would help identifying some windows...

For example Kore2: plugin windows get a class name which differ in the last characters on each program launch.
Matching only the first characters would help here...

Bertram Vogel
Advanced user

Posted: 02/22/2012 08:48:22

Window Class #32770 is a nightmare. Further, *most* software vendors like using #32770 class with multiple, I repeat multiple Window Caption with the SAME name and in some cases they change the Window Caption in that dialog while you have it, the dialog, loaded.

We were also talking in another thread (http://www.actualtools.com/forum/read.php?FID=11&TID=1678) about the problems with the Window Class #32770 and I suggested to add a "Maximum Window Size"-Property to the Target-Pane. My experience is that windows with class #32770 are often windows with a fixed size (not resizable) and so this property may be a good idea to distinguish between different windows with the same caption and class. Would this be also helpful in your case?

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/22/2012 21:12:54

Bertram, your suggestion (from this thread - http://www.actualtools.com/forum/read.php?FID=11&TID=1678) has already been added to our list of feature requests.

We'll consider if this would be helpful or not.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register