Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «v7.0 beta 2 - Mouse Drag and Scroll , Maximized app can't be moved. » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 7010

Zardoz2293

Posted: 02/18/2012 15:17:57

I've experienced many times now with Mouse | Drag and Scroll | Make the entire window area responsive to dragging/sizing it would be *very* helpful if when the application is MAXIMIZED you were able to "drag" the application to another MONITOR. Currently the selection drag mode is initially entered via seeing the changed mouse pointer then upon attempted move the mouse pointer reverts back to non-move mode.

What are your thoughts?

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/19/2012 21:15:31

Hello Zardoz2293,

Thanks for the post.

You should enable the "Aero Snap (Windows 7-style window snapping)" feature (Actual Window Manager -> Options -> Window Snapping -> Aero Snap (Windows 7-style window snapping)) to get what you need.

Best regards.

Zardoz2293

Posted: 02/20/2012 07:07:38

Native Windows 7 Snap, is crap.
1. It has a very small hotspot that allows for the ability.
2. Dual monitor (left, right) the snap to left monitor's right edge is a total joke on the 1 or 2 pixel zone, totally useless.

AWM | Window Snapping Aero Snap
When checked, doesn't do anything for me. Seriously, there is *no* snapping:
1. *no* Aero Snap (Windows 7-style window snapping)
2. *no* Classic

If I uncheck all options on "Window Snapping" and install WindowSpace, it's features work. I'm not sure why they don't in AWM, on my system. What can we do to resolve this?

P.S. Did you know if you "Load image for this message" and press the "View" you loose your image to upload and have to remember to enter it again?

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/20/2012 21:31:47

I've tested this on my Windows 7 SP1 64-bit machine and the aero snapping feature works correctly.

Could you specify your Windows 7 edition (32-bit or 64-bit)?

Does this feature works correctly with WindowSpace uninstalled or unloaded?

P.S. Did you know if you "Load image for this message" and press the "View" you loose your image to upload and have to remember to enter it again?
- No, I didn't. The problem has been confirmed. We'll try to fix it.

Best regards.

Zardoz2293

Posted: 02/20/2012 22:29:59

Aero snapping feature: Well, I've never seen it work on my system. I'm not sure what could interfere with it. I'll start dumping all processes until there's nothing left and see what might be the effect. I think AWM should be able to identify if another app/service/process is hooked into any functions it is going to effect. At a minimum alerting the end-user so some action can be taken to resolve quickly.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, all service packs/hot fixes applied

I've uninstalled WindowSpace but it performed perfectly in all ways. Also Windows Native Aero capability works correctly. That's why I'm stumped.

Bertram Vogel
Advanced user

Posted: 02/22/2012 09:38:58

I've experienced many times now with Mouse | Drag and Scroll | Make the entire window area responsive to dragging/sizing it would be *very* helpful if when the application is MAXIMIZED you were able to "drag" the application to another MONITOR. Currently the selection drag mode is initially entered via seeing the changed mouse pointer then upon attempted move the mouse pointer reverts back to non-move mode.

What are your thoughts?

I also asked for the feature to move maximized windows in another thread (http://www.actualtools.com/forum/read.php?FID=12&TID=1892) and i was also told that this feature works with the "Aero Snap" feature enabled (which is true and works fine).

But again i request to make the "move maximized windows" a standalone-feature (independent from Aero Snap) mainly because of the following reason: I disabled the "Aero Snap" feature in AWM, because unfortunatly there are better programs for this specific (!) job, for example AquaSnap: it also supports actions in the screen corners, all actions can be configured and it supports snapping in MDI-applications (which is great for Excel).

Also having this as a standalone-option would be great for users, that do not use a AeroSnap feature at all (like Zardoz2293 as it seems).

Best Regards.

Zardoz2293

Posted: 02/22/2012 09:53:34

I also asked for the feature to move maximized windows in another thread (http://www.actualtools.com/forum/read...&TID=1892) and i was also told that this feature works with the "Aero Snap" feature enabled (which is true and works fine).

But again i request to make the "move maximized windows" a standalone-feature (independent fr om Aero Snap) mainly because of the following reason: I disabled the "Aero Snap" feature in AWM, because unfortunately there are better programs for this specific (!) job, for example AquaSnap: it also supports actions in the screen corners, all actions can be configured and it supports snapping in MDI-applications (which is great for Excel).

Also having this as a standalone-option would be great for users, that do not use a AeroSnap feature at all (like Zardoz2293 as it seems).

Best Regards.
I like your request for "move maximized windows" as standalone-feature. Frankly, my position is all features or capabilities are made as standalone so one can pick and choose as one pleases wh ere ever possible.

It would be my choice to use AWM completely for these capabilities herein, but hopefully that day will come when we will have that ability and option. I'm really looking forward to the next beta release.  8)

p.s. NOTE: I'm finding that if I attempt to QUOTE from the EDIT | QUOTE for a reply that I'm not getting the quoted text. However, in some cases, not sure how, but the quoted text does function correctly. Can this be verified and corrected? Thanks!

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/22/2012 23:58:09

p.s. NOTE: I'm finding that if I attempt to QUOTE from the EDIT | QUOTE for a reply that I'm not getting the quoted text. However, in some cases, not sure how, but the quoted text does function correctly. Can this be verified and corrected?
- Zardoz2293, could you clarify how do you quote a text?

Best regards.

Zardoz2293

Posted: 02/23/2012 03:44:35

Sorry for not posting in a new thread, it was an after thought.

I just now tried to quote you, by pressing the Quote button from your post (see the screen capture) and nothing happens. I'd expect to see the quoted text in my reply, otherwise what is the functionality of the "Quote" button in a posting? If I press the "Name" I get --> Vasiliy Ivachev,, so that works.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/26/2012 20:39:09

Hello Zardoz2293,

The problem with the "Quote" button has been confirmed.

We'll try to fix it.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register