Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «mouse: tight monitor boundaries , feature request: tight tile boundaries » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 7352

TabSel
Advanced user

Posted: 02/16/2012 04:28:53

the description says it:

putting windows into tiles, the icon/system menu and the close/[X] icon would be better reachable, if there were tight tile boundaries...

In fact, all "monitor bound" functions of AWM could be extended to have a "tile bound" function equivalent... and that's not primarily the purpose of desktop tiles... but at least some extensions would improve the tiles quite a bit...

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/16/2012 21:08:58

Hello TabSel,

Thanks for the post.

We'll consider this request.

Best regards.

Zardoz2293

Posted: 02/18/2012 15:23:07

Are you talking about having the ability for applications to 'lock' or 'attract' to these boundaries so you can rapidly move the app to the desired location you want without having to fiddle around with it?

Update:
Have you seriously considered adding features that exist in WindowSpace

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/20/2012 00:52:05

Zardoz2293, what exactly WindowSpace features are you writing about?

As I understood, TabSel want to use the "tight monitor boundaries" feature (Actual Window Manager -> Multiple Monitors -> Mouse -> Tight monitor boundaries) for desktop divider tiles.

Best regards.

TabSel
Advanced user

Posted: 02/20/2012 05:49:10

you're right Vasiliy.

The more I think about (and work with tight monitor boundaries), the more I'd like to have an option to temporarily switch off/toggle tight boundaries...

Zardoz2293

Posted: 02/20/2012 06:51:17

Vasiliy, specifically the capabilities at WindowSpace - Snap windows to edges & other window -- the snapping capability is huge. I don't find the snapping to inside app windows as valuable and having the ability to toggle on/off specific features would be most desirable.

Update:
Yes, these features exist in AWM, but have never worked for me. I've posted this on another thread. other thread

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/20/2012 21:08:59

The more I think about (and work with tight monitor boundaries), the more I'd like to have an option to temporarily switch off/toggle tight boundaries...
- TabSel, what do you want to use to switch off/toggle tight boundaries (hotkeys, modifiers like in the "Scroll inactive windows with the mouse wheel" feature ... )?

Vasiliy, specifically the capabilities at WindowSpace - Snap windows to edges & other window -- the snapping capability is huge. I don't find the snapping to inside app windows as valuable and having the ability to toggle on/off specific features would be most desirable.
- Zardoz2293, it seems that we are writing about different features. This feature request is related to the "Desktop divider" feature only. And this is not related to a "Snapping" feature.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register