Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[FIXED] Mirror window cannot be dragged to another monitor » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 5430

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 02/11/2012 12:23:45

I noticed it is not possible to drag a mirror window to another monitor when tight monitor boundaries is switched on. It does work when tight monitor boundaries is switched off, so I assume it should work. It is possible to move the mirror window to another monitor by clicking the Move to monitor button or selecting Move to monitor in the Window menu.

I am using AWM 7.0 beta 2 on Vista Ultimate 32-bit.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/12/2012 21:10:02

Hello Pim,

Thanks for the post.

I was unable to reproduce this with an explorer window and Actual Window Manager 7.0 beta 2 on my Vista x32 machine.

What application have you noticed this issue with?

Could you send me your configuration files (Actual Window Manager -> Tools -> Configuration -> Send to Tech Support)?

Best regards.

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 02/13/2012 00:53:47

Hello Vasiliy,

I have seen this with a mirror of Firefox 10.0.1, but I just tested it with Windows Explorer too. They both have the same problem. The problem is the same as the one described here. However, in this case it only happens to mirror windows.

I have just sent you my configuration files.

Best regards.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/14/2012 04:32:09

Hello Pim,

I was unable to reproduce this even with your configuration files and the same versions of Actual Window Manager and Mozilla Firefox.

Could you give me a step by step description how to reproduce this problem?

Best regards.

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 02/14/2012 07:57:03

Hello Vasiliy,

What I do is I right-click the taskbar button of Firefox (or any application for that matter, I just noticed the same issue also occurs with PDF-XChange Viewer 2.5) and then Mirror > Start mirror. The mirror window opens on the monitor that I click the taskbar button on. If I then drag the mirror window to the next monitor it gets stuck (snaps).

After reading your post I experimented a bit more and have discovered that both the Desktop Divider and tight monitor boundaries must be switched on for this to happen. If any of these is switched off, the problem does not occur. However, to make it even stranger, if I have defined only one tile on monitor 1 and one tile on monitor 2, at least the first drag and drop works. After that, if I keep dragging and dropping the window from between monitors (dropping the window is important in this scenario), even with this desktop divider setting the window very often (but not always) gets stuck at some point. It very often is the second time I drag and drop, but it may also be at a later point.

But what is most important is that if I have defined more than one tile on at least one monitor the problem always occurs. I have changed my configuration a bit compared to the settings I e-mailed you, and found that if there are only two tiles on one monitor and one on the other monitor it already happens. It does not matter whether there is a horizontal or vertical division between these two tiles.

I hope this helps. If you need any more information let me know.

Best regards.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/14/2012 20:48:51

Hello Pim,

Thanks for the response.

The problem has been confirmed.

We'll try to fix it.

Best regards.

Pim Joosten
Resident