Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[Start] symbol right click menu on AWM taskbars » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 6651

TabSel
Advanced user

Posted: 02/03/2012 04:25:49

You mentioned:

As workaround you could use the "replace the primary taskbar" option (Actual Window Manager -> Multiple Monitors -> Taskbar)

I can't, because on AWMs taskbars [Start] menu there's no contextual right click menu available.

Also, the taskbars seem to be "buggy": I had the AWMs taskbars replacing the primary taskbar, configured autohide, position on top of screen. I ran Cubase maximized on the primary screen. Hitting [Win] key with the mouse on the primary screen "unhides" the taskbar, brings up the [start] menu, and have the taskbar autohide automatically again...

On reactivating the primary taskbar again, the icon graphics of pinned applications were wrong (internet explorer icon for the windows explorer, AWM icon for the internet explorer etc...)

Also, bringing up an auto-hidden AWM taskbar by moving the mouse to the top border of the screen, moving the mouse over a taskbar icon, having the apps preview thumbnails showing, auto-hides the taskbar again.

It seems that AWM's taskbars don't get "focused", when they are unhidden from auto-hide, having them auto-hide again immediately?

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/06/2012 03:16:43

Hello TabSel,

I can't, because on AWMs taskbars [Start] menu there's no contextual right click menu available.
- We'll consider adding items of the primary taskbar context menu to the multi-monitor taskbar context menu.

Also, the taskbars seem to be "buggy": I had the AWMs taskbars replacing the primary taskbar, configured autohide, position on top of screen. I ran Cubase maximized on the primary screen. Hitting [Win] key with the mouse on the primary screen "unhides" the taskbar, brings up the [start] menu, and have the taskbar autohide automatically again...
- Do you have this problem with Cubase only? What version of Cubase do you use?

On reactivating the primary taskbar again, the icon graphics of pinned applications were wrong (internet explorer icon for the windows explorer, AWM icon for the internet explorer etc...)
- Could you give me a step-by-step description of how can I reproduce this problem?

Also, bringing up an auto-hidden AWM taskbar by moving the mouse to the top border of the screen, moving the mouse over a taskbar icon, having the apps preview thumbnails showing, auto-hides the taskbar again.
- The problem has been confirmed. We'll try to fix it.

Best regards.

TabSel
Advanced user

Posted: 02/06/2012 04:13:17

- Do you have this problem with Cubase only? What version of Cubase do you use?

Cubase 6.0.5 x64

I tried replacing the primary taskbar and noticed this behaviour of the AWM taskbars, so I had to reactivate the primary taskbar immediately again. I only noticed this with Cubase 6.0.5... I might check with other apps, too...

- Could you give me a step-by-step description of how can I reproduce this problem?

What I did was replacing the primary taskbar, and then reactivating it again... I have only three apps pinned to the taskbar: iexplorer, explorer and a tool for dragging data to from cubase and to other apps...

I'll see wether I am able to provide a step by step reproducable description...

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/07/2012 00:25:19

Cubase 6.0.5 x64

I tried replacing the primary taskbar and noticed this behaviour of the AWM taskbars, so I had to reactivate the primary taskbar immediately again. I only noticed this with Cubase 6.0.5... I might check with other apps, too...
- Please check this with other applications.

What I did was replacing the primary taskbar, and then reactivating it again... I have only three apps pinned to the taskbar: iexplorer, explorer and a tool for dragging data to from cubase and to other apps...

I'll see wether I am able to provide a step by step reproducable description...
- Please inform me about your results.

Best regards.

TabSel
Advanced user

Posted: 02/16/2012 02:03:48

Up to now, I wasn't able to reproduce this situation. neither with cubase nor with another app. sorry.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register