Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «v7.0 beta 2 - Screen / Desktop Boundaries , Frame width not included in boundary calculation » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 5814

Zardoz2293

Posted: 02/02/2012 10:08:50

Settings such as "Options | Actions | Resize | Common Resizing Options | Keep window within the desktop boundaries after resizing" do not include the window frames in the calculations which results in the frames being able to go outside of the desktop boundaries. The frame can get cut off by what looks like 2 pixels when resizing. Can be verified by resizing outside of the desktop boundary and viewing the corner of the window which has part of the rounded corner clipped.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/03/2012 02:56:31

Hello Zardoz2293,

Thanks for the post.

What OS are you running (version, x32 or x64)?

Could you give me a step-by-step description of how can I reproduce this problem?

Best regards.

Zardoz2293

Posted: 02/03/2012 07:37:41

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit SP1 w/ all hotfixes.

1. Window with Sizable border.
2. Drag down the bottom of the frame below the desktop.

The above can be 'reset' to function correctly by resizing via bottom-right corner, then you can't perform #2 above by going past the desktop lower boundary.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/06/2012 04:04:02

Zardoz2293, I wasn't be able to reproduce this.

Could you send me your configuration files (Actual Window Manager -> Tools -> Configuration -> Send to Tech Support)?

Best regards.

Zardoz2293

Posted: 02/06/2012 10:16:05

Sent configuration.

I'm able to always reproduce this problem. NOTE: I can take several attempts to resize beyond the desktop boundary and for some reason selecting the window from one of the corner regions seems to cause the effect quicker.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/07/2012 02:10:10

The "Keep window within the desktop boundaries after resizing" option has no effect when you are resizing a window manually (Drag down the bottom of the frame below the desktop).

It has effect when you are using the "Resize" button, changing a size via the Quick settings window...

Best regards.

Zardoz2293

Posted: 02/07/2012 11:54:59

OK, but the behavior seems very odd how in some ways the resizing is limited but in others it isn't. Shouldn't the behavior be consistent?

IMHO AWM needs to have the capability to keep all windows on the desktop option, with further capability to provide a percentage off screen of the affected window to keep on the desktop. This way some windows can be effectively moved off most of the screen without being forced back on to the desktop. There was a program called shove-it that was once popular but hence hasn't been in development for years. I'd be happy to provide screenshots if your are interested. I'm really seeking to have ONE tool to provide for Desktop Management. AWM is so close.

What are your thoughts?

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/07/2012 21:43:46

We'll consider this.

I've added this as a feature request to our list of feature requests.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register