Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Window Preview no longer working , AWM 7.0 beta 1 » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 6142

Bertram Vogel
Advanced user

Posted: 01/18/2012 15:17:06

The window preview is no longer working for me. It did work in AMM 3.4.2 (and i think also in AWM 6.8 beta 1).

I tried changing some of the options under "Multiple Monitors" -> "Taskbar", but nothing worked.

I'm using Windows XP Professional SP3 32-bit.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/18/2012 21:21:11

Hello Bertram,

Thanks for the post.

Could you change the "Preview show delay" parameter (Actual Window Manager -> Multiple Monitors -> Taskbar) to about 500 ms?

Hope this helps.

Bertram Vogel
Advanced user

Posted: 01/19/2012 05:05:39

Hello,

it is already set to 500 ms.
I tried different values ranging from 0 ms to 1000 ms, but nothing worked.

I also tried switching off and on (in different combinations):
"Enable smooth transition of the preview"
"Enable preview's fade"
"Always show captions in previews"
"Show the multi-preview for scattered similar buttons"

But it is not working.

I also tried switching back to the default configuration (i saved a zip-archive with the defaults), but also not working.

Anything else i can try?

As i already said: The strange thing is that it did definitly work in AMM 3.4.2..

EDIT:
I installed AWM 7.0 beta 1 on my laptop (only 1 monitor) and replaced the primary taskbar --> also no preview.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/19/2012 19:43:41

Hello Bertram,

Could you check whether the "Enable window thumbnails" option (Actual Window Manager -> Actions -< Options -> Window Thumbnails -> Enable window thumbnails) enabled or not?

Could you also send me (support@actualtools.com) a screenshot of the "Actual Window Manager -> Multiple Monitors -> Taskbar" pane?

Best regards.

Bertram Vogel
Advanced user

Posted: 01/20/2012 07:27:40

Could you check whether the "Enable window thumbnails" option (Actual Window Manager -> Actions -< Options -> Window Thumbnails -> Enable window thumbnails) enabled or not?

Ohh.... i'm very sorry. I didn't notice this option. It was unchecked and as soon as I checked it window previews are working fine.

I used Actual Multiple Monitors before and the option to enable window previews at all was located under "Multiple Monitors" -> "Taskbar" in AMM.
I actually wondered why it wasn't there in Actual Window Manager any longer. I just have overlooked the "Window Thumbnails"-Pane under Actions -> Options.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Best Regards.

macman104

Posted: 01/20/2012 14:31:01

Actually, I would like to also add that I am having the same issue.  However, it is not an issue if I replace the primary taskbar with AWM's, only the native windows 7 taskbar.

I did make sure that the option you mentioned in options was checked.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/23/2012 02:57:58

Hello gentlemen,

I used Actual Multiple Monitors before and the option to enable window previews at all was located under "Multiple Monitors" -> "Taskbar" in AMM.
I actually wondered why it wasn't there in Actual Window Manager any longer. I just have overlooked the "Window Thumbnails"-Pane under Actions -> Options.
- Bertram, the general "Enable window thumbnails" option (Options -> Window Thumbnails) activates all types of Actual Tools thumbnails in Actual Window Manager.
The "Enable window previews above taskbars" option (Actual Window Manager -> Multiple Monitors -> Taskbar) activates taskbar previews only.
Actual Multiple Monitors includes taskbar previews only.

Actually, I would like to also add that I am having the same issue. However, it is not an issue if I replace the primary taskbar with AWM's, only the native windows 7 taskbar.
- macman104, if you have this problem with your native windows 7 taskbar you should read something like this - http://www.blogsdna.com/2056/how-to-enable-or-disable-taskbar-thumbnails-preview-in-windows-7.htm .

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register