Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[SOLVED] Weird problem with tooltips in Firefox , Tooltips are gigantic in FF4 using 6.5b3 » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 7519

Carl Thorpe

Posted: 05/17/2011 13:17:53

Whenever I hover over something that has a tooltip in the latest Firefox, the tooltip fills most of the screen.  This does not occur if I disable Actual Window Manager.  It was occuring with 6.5b2, but I only just now figured out that it was AWM that is causing the problem.  I have tried disabling all addons and extensions in FF, and the problem persists until I close or pause AWM.  It does not seem to happen in Opera or IE.  I can duplicate the issue on any webpage.  Even here in the forum, it shows up if I hover over one of the formatting buttons above the window.

I have attached an image of the problem.  My mouse pointer does not show in the image, but it was hovering over the image of the HD TV near the bottom.

Incidentally, the size limit on image uploads for your forum is way to small to be useful.  I had a heck of a time getting the image small enough for it to be acceptable.

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 05/17/2011 13:42:34

Carl,

Thank you for the feedback.

I suppose the problem is related to some specific settings you have for Firefox. Most of its windows have the same Window class and Program properties so if you have any specific settings with just these criteria defined then these settings may affect tooltips as well.

Please verify your specific settings for Firefox or send us your configuration for analyzing.

Carl Thorpe

Posted: 05/17/2011 13:53:46

Looks like the problem is connected to a program specific setting.

I have:

Resize Window Automatically
At startup to
Width 1296
Height 1050

If I disable that, it goes away.  Now that I think about it, I don't know if I ever had such a rule set up before a week or so ago, so it may have been an issue with older versions as well.

Any way to fix the tooltip issue without having to disable the rule?  I like having FF run in that size.

C

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 05/17/2011 14:04:19

Any way to fix the tooltip issue without having to disable the rule?

Sure! The only thing you need is adjusting the Firefox specific settings so they will affect the main Firefox window only.

In most cases, it's enough to enable the Window caption criterion in those specific settings, specify Mozilla Firefox as its value and set the Substring match comparison mode.

Carl Thorpe

Posted: 05/17/2011 14:11:27

Brilliant!  That solves my issue.  :D

Thanks for the quick response!

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login