Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Different Excel settings for one file » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 7972

Martyn Kenyon
Advanced user

Posted: 04/24/2006 12:17:10

I'm trying to set the system to open one particular excel file (identified by window title) to a small window while opening all other excel files in a larger window.

I've set up 2 rules.  The first one specifies the window title for the small window.  The second one is a general rule for excel.

I can't get this to work.  The file which should have the small window (first rule) always opens with the settings from the second rule.

I have noticed that the windows title only seems to get updated after the window has loaded and the file has been opened.  I don't know if this is relevant.

Martyn

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 04/26/2006 01:01:03

Martyn, thanks for another feedback. You have encountered the well-known issue related to document-oriented applications (which Excel also belongs to). Such applications change the caption of a newly created window some time after the creation so Window Manager can't recognize it correctly and select the another rule with less strict criteria.

Unfortunately, we haven't found the proper solution yet but the final release will contain the feature named "Re-apply window rule" which resets the window to its default state and forces AWM to search the corresponding rule again. It seems to be a workaround for the above-mentioned problem.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register