Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Title Buttons in Quicken 2006 disappear » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 26192

R Smith

Posted: 03/01/2006 19:45:02

I have noticed since the Actual Windows Manager v3.8 (my first version), that the Title Buttons in Quicken 2006 disappear when a child window is opened from within Quicken. I can get them to reappear by Stopping and Starting AWM from the task bar, or by closing either Quicken or AWM and restarting. The Stop/Start from the task bar is easier, but still a pain. This occurs with AWM 4.0 beta as well.

Randy

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 03/02/2006 11:04:04

Randy, thanks for the information. We'll investigate the situation, but, please, provide a link to the Quicken setup.

R Smith

Posted: 03/02/2006 21:13:05

I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean by
provide a link to the Quicken setup
. This is not shareware program downloadable from the internet, if that is what you mean. The web site is...

http://quicken.intuit.com/

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 03/03/2006 01:55:11

Yes, I meant the link allowing to download the program's installation package. Anyway, thanks for the site reference.

R Smith

Posted: 04/26/2006 16:15:29

Alexey Fadeyev wrote:
thanks for the information. We'll investigate the situation, but, please, provide a link to the Quicken setup.

Alexey, I know Quicken is a commercial product and it is impossible to buy everything out there so that you can test AWM with it, but it is a real problem that the buttons disappear from the main window title bar whenever I open a child window. Two points I can make that may help are:

1. The buttons always appear on any child window title bar I open, just not with the main window. The buttons are on the Main title bar until I open a child window, then they disappear and are gone until I Stop and Start AWM from the task bar or restart Quicken. This is not practical.

2. When I right click on the title bar of the main window, the full AWM menu appears, but it is non functional. I click on a menu choice, the menu closes and nothing happens.

Let me know if there is anything else I can test for you to get to the bottom of this. Quicken is a popular program and other people may run into this same problem.

Thank you,

Randy

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 05/02/2006 01:24:25

Randy, thanks that you still stay with us and try to help us to improve our software. I suppose you should do the following:

- try to create the Specific Window rules both for the main Quicken window and for any of its child windows (if there is a possibility)
- send us your configuration file "ActualWindowManager.ini" with the above-mentioned rules so we could see the Target Window information for those windows (use the address in my signature)

In our turn, we will try to find the way of getting the Quicken install to analyze the problem further or although to provide you with more detailed information on what you should test. Thanks in advance.

R Smith

Posted: 05/02/2006 16:52:13

Alexey Fadeyev wrote:
- try to create the Specific Window rules both for the main Quicken window and for any of its child windows (if there is a possibility)
- send us your configuration file "ActualWindowManager.ini" with the above-mentioned rules so we could see the Target Window information for those windows

Thank you, the above has been forwarded.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register