Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 13
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Some more Bugs & Suggestions » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 29712

Zack Depp

Posted: 03/01/2006 08:06:06

[ Bugs ]

1) When the system is a little loaded (probably over 50% of cpu usage) and we use a hotkey, it takes a moment to take effect and sometimes it doesnt take effect on the wanted window. Maybe you should raise the priority of AWM when receiving hotkey commands.

2) I'm currently using a modified version of uxtheme.dll (to enable non-signed window skins)... Everything looks to work great until I notice that after some hours of using AWM (while working), the background behind the Title buttons were not refreshing properly... Using my new skin, I got round buttons instaed classic squared but after a time, I get a square background refrech filled with the OnMouseOver Highlighting color.

3) When you select "screen edge" for Extended minimizing, there seem to be a little selection line drawn over the "Extended minimize" title button

4) I Get the message: "Invalid variant type conversion" when I do the following:
- Start Config
- Click on "Title buttons" button
- Select the 0 value in "Shift buttons" editbox
- Press "-" to replace it

5) Annoying thing with msn messenger: if a receive a message from someone, the conversation window pops up and automatically get the keyboard focus. Normally, it just adds a window to the taskbar that flashes. The only way I got rid of this problem it by unchecking "Windows Messenger Conversation" in "Specific Windows".

6) Sometimes, when I put the mouse cursor over the tray icon of a minimized window, it dosen't pop up the window title of this window.

7) In "Position", the horizontal shift seems to apply only when we hit une save button. Should it take effect only when a titlebutton is pressed of if a hotkey command has been called?

[ Suggestions ]

1) Make the Toolbar icons bigger. You have the space for it in the default Config window size.

2) In the "Main" button menu, you should replace all the Text labeled buttons by images buttons; just like the image buttons in the window handeling type "toolbar"... You should also, split them into two columns.

3) Change the name of the function "Sent to bottom"... It actually means the window is minimized to the taskbar only. The problem is that many people don't leave the taskbar to the bottom of the screen. Mine is actually on top of it! Could be "Send to taskbar". You might also wanna change the title button.

4) When setting "Tray Options" to "No tray icon" then minimizing a window to tray. The window completly disapear. Could be usefull to spare some space in tre Tray... but there's actually no way to see it back! Maybe you should consider adding an extra toggle hotkey named "Show Invisible Tray Icons".

5) In Windows XP, there's an option in the configuration of the startup menu than enables any user to "Always show"/"Always hide"/"Hide when inactive" program icons in the tray. Maybe you should add this feature to your soft.

6) When we right click on the minimize title button, if we select "Minimise to tray" or "minimize to screen edge", it does take effect immediately. I suggest you to add a meun item to "minimize" and use the other two options to toggle mode.

[ Questions ]

1) Is this normal we can't create 2 specific windows with the same name? if fact it is cutting the last character (probably to make a unique occurence) but should you tell the user?

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 03/05/2006 12:54:40

[ Bugs ]

1) When the system is a little loaded (probably over 50% of cpu usage) and we use a hotkey, it takes a moment to take effect
We'll investigate this situation, thanks for the interesting note.

I'm currently using a modified version of uxtheme.dll
Please, provide us a link or mail us your version of uxtheme.dll for the testing purposes. Also, it would be nice if you provide a link to your theme's download.

3) When you select "screen edge" for Extended minimizing, there seem to be a little selection line drawn over the "Extended minimize" title button
It's not a glitch, it's a current icon for the "Minimize to screen" function. :)

4) I Get the message: "Invalid variant type conversion"
It's a known issue, it will be fixed until the 4.0 release.

5) Annoying thing with msn messenger
We'll consider this your note.

6) Sometimes, when I put the mouse cursor over the tray icon of a minimized window, it dosen't pop up the window title of this window.
Please, try to find the exact conditions of this issue, so we could reproduce it.

7) In "Position", the horizontal shift seems to apply only when we hit une save button.
Current position shifting is implemented for window creation only, so it's not a bug.

[ Suggestions ]
1) Make the Toolbar icons bigger.
We'll consider this your suggestion.

2) In the "Main" button menu, you should replace all the Text labeled buttons by images buttons
Current "Main" panel layout is temporary, it will be changed until release to be more attractive and usable.

3) Change the name of the function "Sent to bottom"...
I believe there's no need for this. :) Actually, this function doesn't "minimize to taskbar" - it makes window unfocused and place it under the others, but keeps it on the desktop. You may ensure this by sending any window to bottom and minimize others one-by-one, so you'll the sent window behind them.

Maybe you should consider adding an extra toggle hotkey named "Show Invisible Tray Icons".
We plan to add a some kind of control for minimized/hidden/rolled windows, but not in the 4.0.

5) In Windows XP, there's an option in the configuration of the startup menu than enables any user to "Always show"/"Always hide"/"Hide when inactive"
Why you shouldn't use this XP feature instead of re-implementing it in AWM?

I suggest you to add a meun item to "minimize" and use the other two options to toggle mode.
We'll consider this your suggestion.

[ Questions ]
1) Is this normal we can't create 2 specific windows with the same name?
Yes, it's normal. The cause is in the internal AWM's data processing mechanisms.

Zack Depp

Posted: 03/09/2006 09:57:56

[Bug #2: uxtheme.dll problem]
The patch to apply to use a modified version of uxtheme.dll is located here: http://www.llbbl.com/data/nw_uxpatcher.zip

The page to get the theme is: http://www.themexp.org/preview.php?mid=87187&type=vs&view=&page=&cat=&name=Underground-2+Ver-2.zip
Click on download down the page... Oh by the way, it gives a exefile named something like Ex: "25261.exe", this is an installer made by www.themexp.org to install the skin but I think it also install some spyware stuff; so you might wanna install it on a cleanable machine. :)

[Bug #3: "screen edge" Vs Extended minimizing]
Oh... loll Uou got me there lol I really haven't seen the icon this way!

[Bug #6: No icon tray Popup]
Well... I thing it happend to me twice since I'm testing your soft... I havent been able to reproduce the problem! :( But I'm a developper so maybe it happened when the system was a little unstable... If I happens again, i'll try to not how it happened! :)

[Suggestions #3: "Sent to bottom" button name]
Oh I see... You mean sent to bottom list of Z-Ordered windows? Should you call it "Sent to back" like many layer design programs does?

[Suggestions #5: The "Always show"/"Always hide"/"Hide when inactive" thing]
You gotta point! I just tought it would be interesting for many users who don't even know this feature in WinXp... But probably most users that uses your softs are Power-Users so... :)

Zack Depp

Posted: 03/22/2006 08:34:07

Euhm... Are you willing to give some feedback here? Cause i'm waiting for that to post another list of bugs/suggestions I found...

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 03/23/2006 07:28:23

Euhm... Are you willing to give some feedback here? Cause i'm waiting for that to post another list of bugs/suggestions I found...
Of course, we will. Excuse for such a delay and please post your next feedback. Here are the answers:

I downloaded the patcher which you'd provided a link for. We'll test it ASAP and notify you about the results. By the way, does the problem remain with the beta 2?

[Bug #3: "screen edge" Vs Extended minimizing]
All icons are subject to change so they should become more clearer.

Is there any new information about this issue?

[Suggestions #3: "Sent to bottom" button name]
Yes, you got the point. As for changing this term... well, it's been survived for almost five years without any questions, but we'll consider your suggestion.

[Suggestions #5: The "Always show"/"Always hide"/"Hide when inactive" thing]
I suppose it'd be better if we provide some hint for this XP feature in our Help or at the site instead of doing the job again.

Zack Depp

Posted: 03/23/2006 07:59:56

Yes, the problem is still there in the beta 2!

No, Sorry... It did not happen again since...

Oh By the way... Is the login system for this forum working properly? I tought that if I was logged then I wanted to add a post, I did'nt have to enter my name & email every time....

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 03/23/2006 08:08:00

Yes, the problem is still there in the beta 2!
OK, we'll check it ourselves.

Is the login system for this forum working properly? I tought that if I was logged then I wanted to add a post, I did'nt have to enter my name & email every time...
Please check are the cookies allowed in your web browser?

Zack Depp

Posted: 03/23/2006 08:13:10

yes they are... I clean them sometimes but nevers between login & posting... In fact, I don't see any "logoff" or "disconnect" button; was'nt there one?

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 03/23/2006 09:03:37

At top of every forum's page there's a bunch of links looking as follows:

Forums list   Topics list   Search   Help

Profile    Subscription   Logout  

Subscribe for:   new messages   new topics   this topic   Subscription

I've marked that you've asked about. Check it yourself.

Zack Depp

Posted: 03/23/2006 09:10:03

what do you mean by "I've marked that you've asked about. Check it yourself" ??

In fact, the only links I see in top of the page AFTER I Logged In are:

Forums list | Topics list | Search | Help
Login | Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 13
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help