Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Positions and Skin of Window Title Buttons , Add vertikal position as well as ablity to make different skins » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 8691

Tom Gössi

Posted: 03/22/2010 05:37:36

Hi

I have 3 suggestions to improve the appearance of title buttons.
1. Make an option to move the position of title buttons vertically.
2. Change color of the symbols in the title buttons.
3. Define the skin of each button individually.

As follows I explain this suggestions a bit more in detail.

1. There is already a possibility to shift the buttons horizontally in the window title bar, which is reached over standard properties - button options. However, in never window versions, the title buttons are not placed vertical centered. Also if newer windows skins are used in older windows versions, the standard buttons are mostly on top of the window title bar.
So it should also be possible to move the actual title buttons up and down.

2. In the actual title buttons, there are symbols like dashes, dots, boxes and arrows to show the sense of the button. Unfortunately these are only black and not available in other colors. However, on certain skins the standard button symbols are white. So it should also be possible to change the color of the title buttons.

3. There is an ability to set a different background for the actual title buttons to adapt it optically to any other skin. However, there can be different backgrounds set for each buttons state but always for all buttons in common. There is no possibility to set a background for each actual title button individually. As in new windows versions and new skins for older windows versions standard buttons with individual backgrounds and frames are used, it would be nice to set an individual button skin for each actual button type. However, this option could also be used to handle option 2 as described above.

Whatever, ATB is a very nice tool to place additional window functions at top of the title bar.

Kind regards,
Tom

Alexander Belyakov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/24/2010 10:42:39

Tom,

Please let me answer you questions one by one.

1. Whenever a new version of Windows is about to be released, we modify our products to make sure the title buttons as displayed in the correct locations.
What version of ATB do you use, and in what version of Windows? In what programs do you need the vertical shift?
Please also tell us, in what cases and in which programs do you need to switch to the old skins?

2. You can create your own skin (or several skins). To make a new skin is just a matter of drawing several glyphs in any graphical editor.
If you are interested, we can send you the predefined skins of ATB. The simplest way to use any of them would be to change the color of the glyphs.

3. It's currently impossible to have different sets of backgrounds for different buttons - the backgrounds are global for a skin, and they are shared by all the buttons.
But we'll think about adding this feature in the future versions of our products.

PS: We are really glad you find our software useful!

Tom Gössi

Posted: 04/01/2010 07:21:03

Hi

I want to answer your questions:
1. I tried several windows, especially xp and win7. I also tried different windows xp skins.
The only problem is with the aero skin, where the buttons are placed at the top border of the window like shown in the window above. In this case, moving title buttons vertically would be useful.
2. Please give me a hint, where I can find the graphical file for the glyphs, so that I can change them.
3. That's ok

Thanks
Tom

Alexander Belyakov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/04/2010 21:07:09

Tom,

The predefined skins can be downloaded from here.

Please refer to this article for an explanation of skin.xml file structure.
I'd also recommend reading this topic, there's some useful information on skins customization.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register