Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «2 new interesting features , "Force single instance" & Scripting » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 6278

Zack Depp

Posted: 02/10/2010 13:10:35

Hey guys!! It's been a while, I know! ;)

Just dropping a few suggestions today. I don't know if the recent beta versions has them but I'm using AWM 5.0 and I don't see it, so there it is:

- How about an option called "Force single instance" that forces the selected window to be single instanced.
For example: Starting calc.exe will open the calculator! But if an instance is already running, starting another calc.exe will focus the running instance instead of creating a new one.

- How about some scripting? Programs like EventGhost allows to run Pyhton scripts; It's really convenient when it comes to conditionnal situations.

That's it. I'd appreciate a feedback on these! :)

See ya

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/11/2010 03:50:47

Dear Zack,

Thank you for your feedback, we will carefully consider your 1st request. However, could you please explain in more details what practical purpose do you need this feature for?

As for the second request, please, try the feature we already have Start program. I think it will satisfy your needs.

E-mail: support@actualtools.com

Zack Depp

Posted: 02/12/2010 13:48:00

Hi Tatiana,

Oh, I think I should upgrade my AWM version! )

Well, concerning my 1st suggestion; well... As you propably know; as most applications misses the MinimizeToTray & StayOnTop icons in the taskbar, most of them accept multiple instances.

Here's an example: Using EventGhost (or similar SystemWide Hotkeys softwares), I just have to press WinKey+Z to start winamp. Since my finger are almost alway over those keys, it makes it really fast to control winamp( Play, Stop, etc... ) If winamp would not allow to limit it instance to one, each time I would press those keys, a new instance would open, making the quick control impossible.

So, it's okay for winamp, but there's a variety of Multimedia/Music/Video player that dosen't have this "single instance" option.

I believe your tools are most likely to be used by Professionnals/PowerUser like me; so this is something that might be interresting for many.

By the way, have you thought about integrating the auto update to your softwares? (like Paint.NET does when a new version gets available)

See ya

Zack

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register