Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Rollup/Unroll from any side of screen » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 5234

Max Powers

Posted: 01/22/2010 13:28:03

Have a window rollup to the left, right, or bottom instead of strictly to the top.  I think this feature would make Rollup/Unroll much more robust.

From a window organizational standpoint, users could organize windows by rollup direction.  Also, this gives freedom of choice as to where rollup windows are usually placed.  Currently, since rollup only rolls a window UP, I bet most users place these rolled up windows towards the top of their screen.

With this feature expansion, users would now be able to freely have these windows on other side edges of their screen (Left, Right, Bottom).

Attached is a photoshopped screenshot of a rolled up window that has been rolled up to the left of the screen.
User added an image

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 01/25/2010 04:07:41

Max, thank you for the interesting request! How do you expect this feature to work:
  • temporarily place the title bar at certain window side when the window is rolled up, and restore the title bar back to the top side when the window is unrolled
  • or add the ability to put the title bar at any window side constantly?

Max Powers

Posted: 01/25/2010 09:27:32

I envisioned your first option
" temporarily place the title bar at certain window side when the window is rolled up, and restore the title bar back to the top side when the window is unrolled "

But I have no clue if others would want your second option and that could be included as a choice if it appears users want it.

Thanks for the response :)

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register