Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Remove just the window border, And new keystrokes , Alt+Enter, Alt+Space... » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 12373

Michael Beight

Posted: 09/23/2009 02:35:34

• Support for removing *just* the window border.

• Support for the keystrokes:
        < (Alt, Shift, and/or Ctrl) Space >
        < (Alt, Shift, and/or Ctrl) Enter >
        < (Alt, Shift, and/or Ctrl) Del >
        < (Alt, Shift, and/or Ctrl) Esc >

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 09/28/2009 13:11:13

Michael, please could you specify your feedback?

Support for removing *just* the window border.
What do you need this for?

Support for the keystrokes:
Where should we add such support?

Thank you!

Michael Beight

Posted: 09/29/2009 16:03:08

Alexey Fadeyev wrote:
What do you need this for?
Well I think the window border is distracting;  I routinely move windows 4 pixels off the screen to avoid the border.  AWM has an option to remove both the border and the titlebar, but the titlebar is a very essential part of the window that I need to see!

Alexey Fadeyev wrote:
Where should we add such support?
I was thinking in the "keyboard macros".  What really brought these to my attention was:  I wanted to minimize the window by sending <Alt+Space><n> after sending keyboard macros to it.  Then I discovered a whole host of somewhat common key combinations that weren't recognized! 8)

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 09/30/2009 00:59:57

Dear Michael,

Unfortunately, we can’t to add the ability to remove a window border only. But we’ll try to solve your problem with help of other way. I’ll let you know about results.

Michael Beight wrote:
Support for the keystrokes: < (Alt, Shift, and/or Ctrl) Space > < (Alt, Shift, and/or Ctrl) Enter > < (Alt, Shift, and/or Ctrl) Del > < (Alt, Shift, and/or Ctrl) Esc >

Our program supports these keystrokes but you need enter it manually. We'll try to remove this defect.

E-mail: support@actualtools.com

Michael Beight

Posted: 09/30/2009 04:28:44

Tatiana Jack writes:
Our program supports these keystrokes but you need enter it manually. We'll try to remove this defect.
I just tested that; it works!  Awesome

----

I also just discovered that many characters may be manually entered without the carets <>.  Like if you want to send a window the characters "C:\dir", then instead of entering the macro:

<Shift+C><Shift+;><\><d><i><r>

you can just enter:

C:\dir
:D
I'm not sure if this was intended or not, but it's highly convenient.

Inflatablemouse

Posted: 09/30/2010 14:43:10

Hi, resurrecting an old thread .... hope you don't mind ;)

I've been running AWM as a trial. One of the reasons I am trying it is because I would really *really* like to get rid of the borders in Windows 7 Aero.

Why? Because they serve no purpose, they are ugly and outrageously thick. On top of that, the curved look is outdated  :o   :D

Borders can be minimized by setting Borderpaddding to 0, but still it creates a few pixel wide border around windows and I don't like it (being used to the elegant borderless windows of *cough* Mac OS *cough*).

Can you please have a look at http://edbenjamin.com/remove-the-aero-border-frame-in-live-messenger.html ?

As far as I know (from what I read on different pages) Aero does allow for the removal of borders, iTunes on Windows and Steam already make use of this feature.

I think this option would make for an excellent addition to an already feature rich program like AWM.  8)

Thanks for reading.

Michael Beight

Posted: 10/02/2010 14:20:41

Ya, and I can no longer find the "option to remove both the border and the titlebar"...

Removing the window borders would be nifty!

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register