Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «New options for alignment , Simulating <CTRL>+Right Click » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 7595

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 04/08/2009 06:22:25

Hi,

Hopefully this is a simple addition, but I'd like to be able to simulate the new <CTRL>+Right Click functionality at window startup via the Positioning tab. At the moment, there are the standard 9 choices of corners and middles around the screen. But I'm using a rule which is applied to Skype chat windows, and so using this would result in them all ending up on top of each other. I'd like to be able to align them simply 'Right' (not 'Top-Right', etc.), so that they keep their default vertical position, but snap to the right hand edge of the screen.

Obviously for completeness, 4 new options would need to be added to the list - Right, Bottom, Left, Top.

Many thanks,

David.

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 04/08/2009 10:55:23

Hi, David!

Glad that you are still here. :) The addition you requested for is truly simple. It's so simple that you can make it on your own:
    1) open AWM's installation folder, then open the Languages sub-folder there

2) open the english.lng file in any suitable text editor (Notepad, for example)

3) find the line containing
    Code
    AWA_ModeMapping

4) append the value of that string with the following text:
    Code
    ;9=%AWA_Alignment_Left%;10=%AWA_Alignment_Right%;11=%AWA_Alignment_Top%;12=%AWA_Alignment_Bottom%
    (i.e. you should place it exactly before the
    Code
    </string>
    tag)
After that, you will be able to select the new alignment modes in the Configuration. ;)

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 04/08/2009 13:32:54

Alex,

That's brilliant - I'd never have guessed it would be so easy! :D

Although, having looked at that file, clearly the functionality was in there already, but just not accessible. Is it used somewhere else in the program? Is that what <CTRL>+Right Click uses?

And thanks - yes I'm still here. I left my job late last year to work for myself so its been a bit of a busy few months, but I don't think I could go back to employment - too much like hard work :)

Cheers,

Dave.

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 04/09/2009 06:02:42

Yes, of course, this functionality was in there already, and it's used both for the
Code
<Ctrl>+RClick
and for the Alignment toolbar in the Quick Settings dialog.

My best wishes of great success to you in your "open sailing"! :) Hope our software will help you a little in building your own business. ;)

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 04/17/2009 05:56:27

Thanks - I have a meeting with my accountant soon for our first end of year. :cry:  I have to say though, that AWM is one of the few non-app pieces of software I don't think I could do without. If it turns out we made a profit in our first year, I'll be sending some on to you guys :D  

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register